help with my esw10jpn
Jun 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

CooLy_oNE

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys...help mee....
frown.gif
I do not really know where to post this, so I just post it here

I just got esw10jpn I bought from other member here today...I asked him 2 times about the condition of the leather pad..he always said that it is in good condition, In addition he also stated that the quality of leather pad of audio techinica is very good and the stitching is very rugged....but instead, when I got it...there is a rip on the stitching (2 inches long) on the right leather pad, and the foam inside is visible from the outside...I know it does not affect the sound, but the fact that the seller is not honest with me, while I'm still paying the same market price where I can get one without defect makes me pissed and unhappy...

my questions is:
1) is it logical to ask him for partial or full refund? I have been waiting for his response since this morning...
2) is it possible to have the pad fixed by audio technica? anybody has experience with this? how much will it cost?
3) should the seller cover the reparation cost if I really have it fixed by audio technica?

or any alternative to have this problem fixes will be very much appreciated...

thanks head-fiers...

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 15
You should definitely ask the seller to completely reimburse you. Preferably with an exchange to a completely new pair, but asking the seller to front the repair costs would be fine too, I suppose.

You could also ask the seller to pay you the cost of replacement pads and buy them yourself.

I have no idea why the pads are damaged like that - I can't fathom anything short of slashing with a knife or similar bladed/sharp object. My ES10 pads do not seem easily damageable, and they should be very similar if not identical. 

Make sure you be cautious in the feedback you leave the seller. If worst comes to worse, dispute the payment and try to recover it (if the seller is a scammer).

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
Thanks for the reply...but can the pad replace by ourselves? can it be reattached? I found mine like fixed to the driver or the wood houseing...

On my ES10 box it says that the replacement pads are ES10 pads. I'm assuming that they must be replaceable, somehow. Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that.

Jun 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 15
Can anybody that ever reattached the pad please give me some information? I tried to reattached it but I cannot, seems like it is glued...and where to buy the replacement pad?

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 15
I think you will have to send it back to Japan if you want to get it serviced. Or may be you can call AT America to see if they can supply you with pads that are used /w esw9 since esw9 and esw10 share the same 42mm driver.

Jun 14, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 15
hey cooley_one,

you can indeed order new pads from audio technica, though when I ordered and purchased one they were from AT Japan (have family there and ordered to that address so not sure if they will ship overseas). your best bet is to ask if audio technica US can deliver them or maybe find someone who can get it for you in japan. 
from what I can remember they were around 3000 yen or so. 
as for putting them on, its pretty simple once you get the hang of it so you dont need to send in your headphones. make sure to start from the bottom, aligning the stiches to the cords entrance (see photo). work your way up slowly by stretching and getting the edges over the edge of the cups. you will notice that the top part of the cups are straight which makes it easier. it's very difficult to explain with words. 
if you still have problems just pm me and I will try to demonstrate (maybe with photo or skype etc). 

good luck!

Jun 14, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #8 of 15
I had A similar problem when a pair (esw9)I bought came with some really old pads. I went down to the ATH distributor and they charged me 200hkd for them (about 35 usd). They're easy to put on but i almost made a rip on them myself while putting it on, so be a bit gentle while doin it.

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
I had A similar problem when a pair (esw9)I bought came with some really old pads. I went down to the ATH distributor and they charged me 200hkd for them (about 35 usd). They're easy to put on but i almost made a rip on them myself while putting it on, so be a bit gentle while doin it.

It's very easy to find replacement pads for the esw9a, but not so easy with the esw10 because we have zero idea about part number and all. AT Japan did not specify anything about replacement ear pads.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #11 of 15
AT Hong Kong definitely covers ESW10JPN  with a one year warranty, so they could have some pads. 

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #13 of 15
^ source? (edit) the driver sizes are the same but do you know if they're the same drivers? D7000 has the same driver size as D2/5000, but the magnet is stronger, for example. 

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 15
I assume you meant same size but different drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back