Help with choosing portable headphones
Mar 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MicroNik

Head-Fier
Hi!

Im currently torn between headphones right now. My first pair of over-the-ear ones were Sony MDR-v150. Needless to say, they were terrible. Now I just got Sony MDR-NC7 yesterday. They are noise cancelling but they are no better than the previous. They are also very uncomfortable.

So now Im stuck. With my last to choices being a failure, I dont want to choose a wrong headphone again. I'm thinking about Sennheiser's and my current choices are HD 228 and 202's.

Im thinking more towards the 228's because I've heard great things about them. They also arent expensive.

How is the quality on both? I want good clarity and great bass. I mostly listen to Hip Hop, Rock, Jazz, Pop, and Alternative.

With the two Sony headphones I've had, they werent clear at all and had terrible bass. My friend had Skullcandy Lowrider's that sounded better than those.

So it comes down to this. Sennheiser HD 228's for the single sided cable that I prefer, the 202's, or anything else you can recomend.

I would use them in school and at my desk at home. I have long listening times, for about 4 hours straight. I would like clarity and moving bass (that I can feel). Perferably a single sided cable with swiveling cups.

Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back