Help with audio/sub connections to PC
Jul 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Aaron909

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I was hoping someone can help me out. What I wanna do is connect my diy subwoofer to my pc, basically set up a nice 2.1 audio system. I'm using a O Audio 500w amp and M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 powered speakers. Is this possible? My sound card is a M-Audio Audiophile 2496. If anyone could just tell me what types of cables im going to need, that would be great.

Heres a pic of all the stuff I got to make it a little bit easier...thanks in advance

Would something like this work??

I want the subwoofer to reach its max potential still, its a Tempest-X 15"

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 5
While I have no idea about how to hook up the subwoofer to your system, the rest seems a little wrong to me. What *I* would do is hook up the RCA output from the soundcard to the RCA IN of the amp. Then hook up the amp's OUT to the speakers IN via RCA jacks. Someone else will have to chime in on the sub stuff tho.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 5
I think it should be soundcard RCA outputs to the subwoofer input RCA, the subwoofer output RCA to the speaker input RCA. picture is too unclear to actually see the letters - prolly cause you used paint to edit :wink: i

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 5
@ faileas

Aren't you bypassing the amp totally with that configuration?

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 5
*headdesks* I got the amp confused with the subwoofer. I blame my dog, honest - he's been freaking out about my subwoofer and i've been trying to work out where to place it ;p

soundcard out -> amp-in 
amp-out -> speaker should be correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back