Help with Amp/DAC question. E09K + E07K
Dec 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kiont

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post here, I've been reading dozens of post but can't really find the answer, but did learn a lot of stuff. :xf_eek:

I have a 5 year old ATH-Pro700 (the fake leather is completely peeled) , and just ordered a Fiio E07K, so I was wondering what is the purpose of pairing it with a E09K? If I understand correctly the E7 is both a DAC and Amplifier.

My usage will be an iPod and my laptop, it's a Sager that I'm currently using with a X-FI Go Pro (makes buzzing noises).

Is it worth getting the E09K as well? or maybe something else?
as long as it makes a difference my budget is around $300.

thanks for any help :D

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi, this is my first post here, I've been reading dozens of post but can't really find the answer, but did learn a lot of stuff.
redface.gif

I have a 5 year old ATH-Pro700 (the fake leather is completely peeled) , and just ordered a Fiio E07K, so I was wondering what is the purpose of pairing it with a E09K? If I understand correctly the E7 is both a DAC and Amplifier.
My usage will be an iPod and my laptop, it's a Sager that I'm currently using with a X-FI Go Pro (makes buzzing noises).
thanks for any help
biggrin.gif

E09K is if you need more power.

Does the ATH need a lot of power?

Try it with the E07K first and see if you need more power. I don't think the pro 700's were said to need much power but who knows.

Are you a desktop or portable user? If you just use your things at home, a desktop unit would be a better buy. Otherwise if you want versatility, the E07K,E17 and E09K are pretty popular choices. 

I prefer Audio-gd and O2 and what not units for home use.

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi, this is my first post here, I've been reading dozens of post but can't really find the answer, but did learn a lot of stuff.
redface.gif

thanks for any help
biggrin.gif

The ATH-Pro700 is only 36-Ohms, which means the E07K's low impedance headphone output is better for driving the ATH-Pro700, then the Fiio E9 & E09K.
So I see zero reasons for getting the Fiio E9 & E09K.

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 4
So basically the E09K would be used if I needed more power.

Well, then maybe in the future when I upgrade my headphones ( or break ) I'll look at amps again.

My usage is about 50-50% laptop and iPhone, so the E07K mobility definitively helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back