Help with a limited budget, please?
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #16 of 42
1+ for the RX700, I've lurked around this forum for a while and theyre renowned as one of the best budget cans available. They have excellent bass and theyre comfortable, though they can get sweaty (since theyre closed).

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #18 of 42
Hmm...any reputable places to get the SR60/SR60i used? Ideally it should have some warranty; my previous experiences with refurbished electronics has left me paranoid at best.
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #20 of 42
Feb 21, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 42
Are you SURE they are IEM's?

Or the stock headphones with iPods?

If it's a true IEM, then they should almost never fall out unless tugged on.

But check if there is a Grado dealer near you. Check on their website.

EDIT: Headphones.com is an authorized dealer. Been to their actual store too.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastershroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM means in-ear, right? Ugh, can't stand those. For starters, they fall out of my ears every other minute

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 42
Thanks for the heads-up, Drag0n and kunalraiker.

iHelp, this is what I'm working with:

iphone-earbuds.jpg

I am not fond of these. Even when they stay in my ears, they sound like garbage. My cell phone speaker sounds better than these. If these aren't IEM's, then what are they, and what is an IEM?

Edit: I ended up going for the JVC HA-RX900 headphones from buy.com. Just over $50 including free shipping.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions! If this forum had a rep system, you'd all get some from me.
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #24 of 42
You showed up just a little late.
tongue.gif

And no offense to the OP of that thread, but I'd rather not buy headphones with paint on them and worn earpieces. I'm sure they sound excellent though. ^_^

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Edit: I ended up going for the JVC HA-RX900 headphones from buy.com. Just over $50 including free shipping.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions! If this forum had a rep system, you'd all get some from me.
tongue.gif

Good choice...

But you're not done yet; Once you get em give em a listen then do the ear pad and felt mod see how better they sound, this in turn will make you realize how poor your source is and you're going to start shopping around for a DAC. Everyone knows you need an amp with a DAC and before you know it you've spent a couple hundred and already planning your next headphone purchase.

Stick around
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 42
delete this website from your memory because it wont stop when/if you get the grado. if you value money... leave now. lol

i went from looking for a 50$ headset for gaming to spending thousands all while unemployed in the last 6 months. its like crack. get out now while you can.

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
delete this website from your memory because it wont stop when/if you get the grado. if you value money... leave now. lol

i went from looking for a 50$ headset for gaming to spending thousands all while unemployed in the last 6 months. its like crack. get out now while you can.

LOL!

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good choice...

But you're not done yet; Once you get em give em a listen then do the ear pad and felt mod see how better they sound, this in turn will make you realize how poor your source is and you're going to start shopping around for a DAC. Everyone knows you need an amp with a DAC and before you know it you've spent a couple hundred and already planning your next headphone purchase.

Stick around
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ear pad and felt mod? What the hell is a DAC? Do I really need an amp?

Ugh, I hope I don't end up having to return these...I have roughly $10 to spare now...did I make the wrong choice? Are the RX900's really going to sound like crap if I just use them with my iPod and computer?
frown.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Ear pad and felt mod? What the hell is a DAC? Do I really need an amp?

Ugh, I hope I don't end up having to return these...I have roughly $10 to spare now...did I make the wrong choice? Are the RX900's really going to sound like crap if I just use them with my iPod and computer?
frown.gif

Don't sweat it, you've made a good choice. Trust your own ears and enjoy your new cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back