Help with a limited budget, please?
Feb 22, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #31 of 42
Thanks for the encouragement, souladdikt. One of the things you'll learn about me is that I have an untreatable case of chronic buyer's remorse.
tongue.gif
I buy a $60 gaming mouse for my computer, and regret that I didn't get the $130 one. I buy a $300 graphics card, and I regret that I didn't buy two for SLI. I buy $50 headphones, I regret not buying an amp, and a DAC after finding out what that even means.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #32 of 42
Dont worry he is just evil
biggrin.gif
, he is trying to get you hooked into this expensive hobby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastershroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ear pad and felt mod?

Some people like to mod their cans, for example JVC HA-RX900 modifications, a picture tutorial.

Quote:

What the hell is a DAC?

Digital-to-analog converter

Quote:

Do I really need an amp?

Most headphones sound better properly amped, but some benefit more than others, so take it slow, see how they play, and pray its enough, cause then comes the amp, dac, cables and mods (its a joke btw). I don't own them but i bet you gonna have a good experience, probably a big jump over what you are used to.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #33 of 42
Heh, thanks for the info. That mod looks interesting. Hopefully I'll be satisfied enough with them as they are.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #35 of 42
You're a little late to the party, my HA-RX900 is already on the way.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #36 of 42
JVC HA-RX900 got good reviews on Head-Fi and customer reviews on other sites, so theyre prolly a good buy.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #37 of 42
I sure hope so.

Man, I just checked the UPS tracking...for starters, it only shipped today even though I ordered on Sunday. And the scheduled delivery date is March 3rd! Man. they really don't lie about 7 to 9 business days! I don't think I've ever had anything take more than 3 or 4 in the past.
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #38 of 42
Never heard these phones...be sure to give us your impressions and comparisons.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #39 of 42
Looks like my RX900's arrived a bit early.
biggrin.gif

So far, so good. I've been listening with them for most of the past day now, and I like their sound. Unlike my previous headphones, they don't really seem to be lacking in any particular ranges of frequencies, and I can clearly hear some subtle vocals on songs that I never knew were there before. But hey, what do I know? I'm sure these are crap in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not connecting them to anything high-end.

Palpatine, sorry I don't have much to compare it to...I can just safely say that they're better than $20 Koss headphones that I've had since high school, and certainly better than the dinky white earbuds that they package with iPods.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #41 of 42
You're a bit late. >_<

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #42 of 42
...and a bit repetitive...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
save up an extra 30 and get sr80I, best purchase ive ever made in my life, besides my 225I

Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GRADOS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back