Help someone just starting out.
Nov 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gamewizard

New Head-Fier
[size=small]I am just starting to get into high end head phones and I need some suggestions on what to get by someone with more experience with them. I need good flat tonality no odd dips here and there. Decent transparency would be nice. I am only looking to spend 400 dollars or less, I have heard good things about Sennheiser HD600. My buddies keep telling i need to get beats but all the reviews I have read about them say stay away if you value real audio quality. Any other ones I should look in to. [/size]
[size=small]Also I tend to listen to Punk, Jazz, and Classical.[/size]
[size=small]Thanks [/size]
P.S. these will be my first truly hi-fi set so I really want some real quality

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
[size=small]I am just starting to get into high end head phones and I need some suggestions on what to get by someone with more experience with them. I need good flat tonality no odd dips here and there. Decent transparency would be nice. I am only looking to spend 400 dollars or less, I have heard good things about Sennheiser HD600. My buddies keep telling i need to get beats but all the reviews I have read about them say stay away if you value real audio quality. Any other ones I should look in to. [/size]

Beats are good for beating (the you know what out of) others for buying Beats.

It would help to know what your plugging the headphones into?
Do you have a DAC or Headphone amplifier?

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Heya,

Sennheiser HD600
Beyer DT880
AKG Q701
Hifiman HE-400

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back