Help Pls: Closed Headphones < $100 for Daughter & < $200 for Dad
Nov 16, 2010 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bimalh

New Head-Fier
Looking for recommendations for two pairs of CLOSED Headphones. Source will be iPods. Closed headphones which does not need amplification.

My daughter she listens to current Top 100 kinds rock/pop/r&b genres. She would be taking them everywhere. She is 11. The budget for her headphones is between $50 to $100

I need  pair of closed headphones for my office and travel. Really don't need noise canceling but I don't want sound to leak out and disturb my colleagues. My budget is upto $200. I want something that can be driven by just an iPod with no Amp. I do listen to bass heavy stoner rock so I don't want the cans to add more to the bass like the Dr. Dre cans but should be able to handle heavy bass. I also listen to voices like Natalie Merchant, Kasey Chambers, Jem etc too. So the headphones needs to reproduce both ends of the spectrum without adding or taking anything from it.

I look forward to your advice and Thank You.

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Off the top of my head; Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 for both of you. $89 on Amazon, good sound all around with controlled unbloated bass. Leakage is very low, and sounds fantastic out of the iPod and are portable. They fold flat for easy storage, and look very stylish which I am sure will be a plus for your daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back