Help out please! My GF eyes on Frends’ new headphones
May 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JamesM

Head-Fier

http://wearefrends.com/women/

are these headphones only good for looking at or are they also pleasant to your ears?
cos' my gf thinks they look really cool and keeps asking me to get her a set.
recently i can hardly make the ends meet so looking for some second opinions here.
any reviews are greatly appreciated.

May 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 18
They just can't sound that great at $200 (according to the website). They have no technical information, nor do they offer any description of the sound quality. You would be better off buying something like the Audio Technica ES7 or the Panasonic rp-htx7. They will more than likely sound better and are considerably cheaper.

You could also look into the Pioneer SE-MJ21

Here is a link to Audio Cubes:

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_26&products_id=2749

The champagne-colored pair looks pretty similar.

In general, have her look at Audio Cubes. They have tons of fashionable import headphones from Japan.

-Nylan

May 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 18
If she wants them and they are only $200 buy them for her and make her happy.  Seriously you could spend decades trying to explain why they aren't what you'd buy but are wasting your time.   

May 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
If she wants them and they are only $200 buy them for her and make her happy.  Seriously you could spend decades trying to explain why they aren't what you'd buy but are wasting your time.   

i agree with this.  sometimes the new to make mistakes.  and who knows, maybe she will like the sound

May 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
They just can't sound that great at $200 (according to the website). They have no technical information, nor do they offer any description of the sound quality. You would be better off buying something like the Audio Technica ES7 or the Panasonic rp-htx7. They will more than likely sound better and are considerably cheaper.

You could also look into the Pioneer SE-MJ21

Here is a link to Audio Cubes:

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_26&products_id=2749

The champagne-colored pair looks pretty similar.

In general, have her look at Audio Cubes. They have tons of fashionable import headphones from Japan.

-Nylan

it reamins a real mystery to me as to how it manages to find its way to the Apple store. while it is true it offers no technical info whatsoever, but it doesn't allow any trial runs either. i have looked everywhere on the web, though no such luck on locating any relevant info so far.

anyway thanks for offering the options, man! 

May 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
it reamins a real mystery to me as to how it manages to find its way to the Apple store. while it is true it offers no technical info whatsoever, but it doesn't allow any trial runs either. i have looked everywhere on the web, though no such luck on locating any relevant info so far.

anyway thanks for offering the options, man! 

I assume you are looking at the "taylor" model, try a google search on that....

here's the first forum result:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=479307

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #11 of 18
In terms of sound quality, there are definitely better headphones for that price point.  However, I suspect that your girlfriend cares more about style then she does sound. This headphone has been incredibly popular among women, especially since celebrities starting wearing them.

If you are tight for funds, why not get her the Layla model?  They are a bit smaller and cheaper and still have the same style.

Chapters sells them
Apple sells them
Experience Headphones lets you try them on and listen if you are in Vancouver
I think Nordstroms will be carrying them as well

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #13 of 18
or the new Vmodas, I think there is a white one, and if you get direct form Vmoda you can cutomize the badges with something you know she likes. or even gold?

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 18

+1 on this. Not everyone cares too much about sound quality, well, as long as they are not too bad. Just get one for her if she really wants it. Most guys here don't like the Beats, but many other people do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back