Help needed with purchasing Headphones
Dec 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seanmduy

New Head-Fier
So I've been wanting headphones for awhile now but haven't had the chance of getting a pair. I don't really know anything about them too. No knowledge. So stereotypically, I only know Beats by Dre and Skull Candy. Beats are tooooo common. I know they're nice and all but I am not about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on them. As for Skull Candy, I tried the HESH models and found it satisfying. I really have a tight budget of 50. I know thats a low amount but its all I can afford at the moment. I need help finding something in my price range that has great quality... preferrably something with great bass =]

Another quick question, what is hi-fi? 

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi. Welcome to the forums! Anyways, for starters, Beats are very very overpriced (very) and have a muddy overpowering bass. Skullcandys are literally just for looks. The sound quality is very poor. If you can only spend about $50 I would strongly recommend the Sony XB500's. I have heard great things about them and for the price they are almost unbeatable. (Unless you don't like punchy bass). They are also very common and you can find them at best buy or Walmart. If you want to up your price a few bucks you could try-

Sony XB700's
Koss Pro DJ100's 

They are both $80.

Happy hunting!

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 6
No...actually they are not. Just to let you know.

Hi-Fi = High Fidelity...refers to high-quality sound and audio equipment. Something Beats and Skullcandy are not.

$50 is a tough budget but there are options out there that can get you some decent sound for your buck. Unfortunately I am not sure of your options but I am sure others can help. Best I can do is say to maybe check out the Grado SR60....they run about $80 and are a good headphone. Standby for other possible suggestions.

Quote:
I know they're nice and all 

Another quick question, what is hi-fi? 

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 6
There you go...a couple other suggestions...Uncle Chuck was posting as I was typing :D

Quote:
Hi. Welcome to the forums! Anyways, for starters, Beats are very very overpriced (very) and have a muddy overpowering bass. Skullcandys are literally just for looks. The sound quality is very poor. If you can only spend about $50 I would strongly recommend the Sony XB500's. I have heard great things about them and for the price they are almost unbeatable. (Unless you don't like punchy bass). They are also very common and you can find them at best buy or Walmart. If you want to up your price a few bucks you could try-

Sony XB700's
Koss Pro DJ100's 

They are both $80.

Happy hunting!

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 6
I think you'd really like the XB 500's. LIKE RILLY

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 6
you can find the koss portapros for about $30 NIB and the sennheiser PX100's used for about $25 (I got mine for $25) anywho, budget champion goes to the portapros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back