Help needed to choose a decent IEM.
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mozzy

New Head-Fier
Help needed... Which will be better between
MAGAOSI K5 V2 and KINERA IDUN?
Or anything that will be within $150?

My music taste is in Classic Rock ( Like CCR, DIRE STRAITS etc )
Country, Classical, lots and lots of soundtrack ( like Ennio Morricone, Zimmer ) including Game Soundtracks (Those epic kinda music lol). A lil bit of EDM POP sometimes.
A wide Soundstage is important (hate those straight on your face staging) and so is separation. Bass should be ample. Not overpowering. Only that amount that is needed to enjoy the music. Something warm with good staging and good treble response.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 14
For 200 USD, you can get the CA Comet which provides wide staging and warm sound for the price. Bass would be enough though won't ever compete with dynamic driver bass or bass from multi-BA IEMs

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 14
I haven't heard the TinHiFi T2, but there's a lot of great feedback from it BTW. For $150, you can also try the Simgot EN700 Pro which gives the warm sound you need though its soundstage is definitely less than Comet. One reason I suggested Comet is due to soundstage being important to your preferences

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 14
I haven't heard the TinHiFi T2, but there's a lot of great feedback from it BTW. For $150, you can also try the Simgot EN700 Pro which gives the warm sound you need though its soundstage is definitely less than Comet. One reason I suggested Comet is due to soundstage being important to your preferences
I already have the T2 and it's perfect though it lacks the minimum amount of bass to enjoy the musics of my liking.
Amd I'm from India so comet is priced at about $240 here. And if I order it from overseas with import tax it'll be $250+. So can't move to CA. :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 14
I own it. I would buy it at up to $150 US, personally. Has been extremely durable as well. Good luck.
Now I'm really confused between KINERA IDUN and ibasso it01. Was reading the reviews in head-fi and they both are quite good. Where idun has more treble with adequate bass , ibasso is more bass centric. Soundstage is equal for both. :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #13 of 14
Another possible model to consider is the Toneking Nine Tail, also known as Toneking 9way. @crabdog reviewed them awhile ago with a glowing recommendation. If you're able to order from Penon Audio, they carry it as the Toneking 9way for US $125. According to @crabdog review, they tick all the sound characteristic boxes you're after. You can read his review about them here.

Also due to its strange looking shell ergonomics, here is a picture of how one wears them properly.

tk9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back