Help Needed Buying Bassy Headphones Please
Mar 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 23
The xb500s are only $33 refurbished at Geeks.com.

Sure you don't want to get a pre-paid credit card?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MDR-XB500-FB-R&cpc=SCH

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 23
Samson SR850 are really good sounding headphones with great bass extention and overall sound quality is crisp, rich and detailed, they can compete with many higher price headphones. BTW they need long burn-in period (50 to 100hrs) to really bring out the bass which is tight, deep and controled.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 23
I was disappointed in the XB500 when I first used them. They have seemingly infinite bass fo sho!! The bass in incredible, in fact. The mids sounded a bit plasticy to me though. So I had orig. decided to sell them. I actually have them on ebay right now for $39. I took them out again tonight and have to say that I really like them. The sound stage is very nice for the price, bass is fantastic, treb is good...and I EQ'd the mids to a pretty nice sound. Sometimes I just pump up the bass on my EQ just so I can get my ears tickled. It's not a "loud" eardrum tickle...more of a surface "crapload of air moving around" sorta tickle.

I'm going to leave them on the bay for a while, but if they don't sell, I'll prob. just keep them. They're a real hoot for sure, man. Love them.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #21 of 23
Haven't been on here for a while but just had to comment in this thread.  Stay away from the SRH440s, because FWIR they are EXTREMELY BALANCED so you wont get that great bass.

I have the SRH750DJs, they have very good mids for a bassy headphone, however their highs may be a bit harsh and they're not bassy enough for me which should rule out the Shures because this is the most bassiest headphone Shure has.  I think I'm gonna put mines up for sale soon so if any one is interested and sees this, please message me, have never sold anything on here so have no clue how it works.

The sony XB500 is probably the best choice for me and you in that case based on all the reviews I have read.  Futureshop doesn't have it but bestbuy definitely does for $70+tax.  Some sony style do have it for demo but the ones that do never have it working properly so I have yet to hear them and Sony sells them for $120.  I have someone who works at a retailer so he said he can get it for me for $55 after tax.  However he is about a $15-20 drive away from me (both ways) so that basically makes it *$70-75 after tax for me.  Alot of people are saying you can find it cheaper online, can anybody please provide some links?

Thanks

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
Haven't been on here for a while but just had to comment in this thread.  Stay away from the SRH440s, because FWIR they are EXTREMELY BALANCED so you wont get that great bass.

I have the SRH750DJs, they have very good mids for a bassy headphone, however their highs may be a bit harsh and they're not bassy enough for me which should rule out the Shures because this is the most bassiest headphone Shure has.  I think I'm gonna put mines up for sale soon so if any one is interested and sees this, please message me, have never sold anything on here so have no clue how it works.

The sony XB500 is probably the best choice for me and you in that case based on all the reviews I have read.  Futureshop doesn't have it but bestbuy definitely does for $70+tax.  Some sony style do have it for demo but the ones that do never have it working properly so I have yet to hear them and Sony sells them for $120.  I have someone who works at a retailer so he said he can get it for me for $55 after tax.  However he is about a $15-20 drive away from me (both ways) so that basically makes it *$70-75 after tax for me.  Alot of people are saying you can find it cheaper online, can anybody please provide some links?

Thanks

The xb500s are only $33 refurbished at Geeks.com

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MDR-XB500-FB-R&cpc=SCH

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #23 of 23
thanks everyone, but i already bought the xb500's yesterday and after listening to them for a couple of hours i have decided that I am a basshead. The bass on these headphones feel just right but they kind of drown out the mids and highs a little. These headphones are really good for hip hop and dubstep, but they are dissapointing for rock and alternative. I did see the pioneer mj51 for demo and I did like them. I think I might get them for my more instrumental music way later on.

So thanks again everyone, this site has really been helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back