HELP! My triple.fi 10 broke!
Apr 12, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 29
^Some people report having a different sound sig and/or not liking the sound of their triples when they get them back. I'd highly suggest extensive reading on the custom molds before you go that route.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #17 of 29
^I'm getting what your'e saying. The first thing I noticed when I got the earphones back, the cable seemed slightly different, and it sounds really thin and "whiney". I'm guessing they messed with the cable a bit. I'm slightly ambivalent about a cable change now though. I'll definitely go the UM route next time round. Probably when my warranty ends.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^I'm getting what your'e saying. The first thing I noticed when I got the earphones back, the cable seemed slightly different, and it sounds really thin and "whiney". I'm guessing they messed with the cable a bit. I'm slightly ambivalent about a cable change now though. I'll definitely go the UM route next time round. Probably when my warranty ends.

Changes to the cable? you still have the same cable on there as when you sent it in right? I don't think it's the cable man... a some people have sibilance problems when they get their re-molds back... mostly attributing it to the lack of a universal cushion in place of acrylic which means less high frequencies get muffled.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 29
This is a common problem, maybe amazon will cover you or you can just reshell it. Good luck.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 29
Didn't anyone read the update? I've gotten a replacement from logitech and I noticed that they sound different to the ones "that I've sent in". So I did not go through the UM/remolding route.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 29
The exact same thing happened to a triple.fi 10 pro I borrowed from a friend today
frown.gif
. This is a serious tfp design flaw.

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #27 of 29
Damn. I got lucky. I just recently grabbed my bro's universal TF10s when he wont around to compare them to my remolds and the plugs were tighter than I had expected. Had I known how easy it was to break them, I might not have kept pulling. But thankfully they pulled out. My brother would have been so pissed.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 29
It seems that not all tfp has this problem. The plug on my tfp right earpiece was easy to pull out. Only the left side was broken so easily.

Anyway, I have contacted UE (now Logitech) about this issue (I did mention head-fi). They seem to accept this problem as a defect. If your product is still under warranty, you just have to send the broken one in and they will send you a replacement.

As for my case, my tfp is out of warranty. They offered to me to buy a tfp from them at 50% discount as long as I send my broken tfp in. Pretty much useless since tfp is $400+tax at Logitech website. I may be able to get one from amazon for slightly cheaper
angry_face.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by glac1er /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that not all tfp has this problem. The plug on my tfp right earpiece was easy to pull out. Only the left side was broken so easily.

Anyway, I have contacted UE (now Logitech) about this issue (I did mention head-fi). They seem to accept this problem as a defect. If your product is still under warranty, you just have to send the broken one in and they will send you a replacement.

As for my case, my tfp is out of warranty. They offered to me to buy a tfp from them at 50% discount as long as I send my broken tfp in. Pretty much useless since tfp is $400+tax at Logitech website. I may be able to get one from amazon for slightly cheaper
angry_face.gif

+10000000000000000000
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back