Help my choose an IEM!
Nov 4, 2010 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

RaonCRM

New Head-Fier
I am looking for an upgrade from my Pl30 and Sunrise SW-Xcape, my target first was CK-10 but then i saw the Victor FX700, hope you guys can help me which to choose.
- I have a J3 so I wonder which will suit more
- I listen to most kinds of music (excluding metal rock)
- I prefer clarity to bass
- I have small ear canal (or strange, I don't know) things like the hippo shroom may fit but hurt a lot.

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 17

What about the Re252? Why dont you give it a try?What are you looking for in your new IEM?

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 17
The Re252 is not really available where I am staying.
I love clarity so I lean toward Ck-10 a little but I don't know if it gonna have a good fit or not (I bought hippo shroom once without trying and in the end I had to give it to my friend.)

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 17
Move. Then get the RE252.

Quote:
The Re252 is not really available where I am staying.
I love clarity so I lean toward Ck-10 a little but I don't know if it gonna have a good fit or not (I bought hippo shroom once without trying and in the end I had to give it to my friend.)

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
- I have small ear canal (or strange, I don't know) things like the hippo shroom may fit but hurt a lot.

The 252 probably won't fit for you.

Plus, Benny is going to go from "Everyone must buy the 252" to "Hey guys, I sold my 252s for some stock apple ibuds!" in two months.

The ck10 is small and should be much, much better in terms of fit.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 17
I am studying in Japan and in a place far from Tokyo so I don't know any place around that carry the RE252 and I hate ordering from oversea so anybody know there are website in Japan that sell the RE252?
Edit:
Maybe I will pull the trigger on the CK10, thanks for help everyone.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
The 252 probably won't fit for you.

Plus, Benny is going to go from "Everyone must buy the 252" to "Hey guys, I sold my 252s for some stock apple ibuds!" in two months.

The ck10 is small and should be much, much better in terms of fit.

That is so funny you pointed this out....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I am studying in Japan and in a place far from Tokyo so I don't know any place around that carry the RE252 and I hate ordering from oversea so anybody know there are website in Japan that sell the RE252?
Edit:

RE252 is imported, you will end up spending a fortune.
you are in japan and have so many option to choose from. CK10, Ortofon's new e-Q5...Final Audio, JVC FX700. Radius ....
You can get all this in japan for a good price.  Can you read in japanese?

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #8 of 17
252 is made in china , isn't this close enough ?

also 252 is a solid sleeper , ck10 is good i guess but the price rises

good luck anyway with whichever you decide to buy

and kudos to benny for the ''move''  quote , really funny lol

Quote:
Edit:

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #9 of 17
Yes I can, I know that there are many others good IEMs in Japan  but the real problem is the fit, I don't think my ear will fit the Ortofon, and the Final audio maybe as I think those are nearly the same size.  So the IEMs I think I might find suitable for my taste is Ck10 and Fx700, of which Kulun stated that the Ck10 is small and easy to fit. Hows does the fx700 compare to the ck10, I love clarity so which one will be more suitable.

Quote:

That is so funny you pointed this out....
beerchug.gif

RE252 is imported, you will end up spending a fortune.
you are in japan and have so many option to choose from. CK10, Ortofon's new e-Q5...Final Audio, JVC FX700. Radius ....
You can get all this in japan for a good price.  Can you read in japanese?

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 17
FX700 is Dynamic driver, similar to IE8 and Radius DDM.
CK10 is Balanced dual Armature, similar to DBA-02, Ortofons, FAD, Grados, Etimotics.
Can't you go and audition them to the headphone shop?

CK10 and FX700 are completely different. Nothing in common at all. I prefer FX700 over Ck10,.
I actually prefer Ortofons over Audio Technica.
But JVC is amazing since it pumps a lot of bass into the music, unlike CK10 or DBA-02.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #11 of 17
You can consider Final Audio FI-BA-SB as you like clarity with good quality bass, noise isolation should a bit better than FX700
Agreed with yello131, go try them all in the headphone shop!

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #12 of 17
One of the main reasons I'm asking for everyone opinions is that I can't not go and try them. And looking at the size the Final Audio FI-BA-SB and the ortofons won't fit my ears. That is why I'm limited to only the Ck-10 and maybe the Fx700. For clarity, which do you guys think will be better?

Wikipedia: An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. »

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
One of the main reasons I'm asking for everyone opinions is that I can't not go and try them. And looking at the size the Final Audio FI-BA-SB and the ortofons won't fit my ears. That is why I'm limited to only the Ck-10 and maybe the Fx700. For clarity, which do you guys think will be better?

Wikipedia: An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. »

Here's the bottom line:

I am the only person who really read your post.

I am the only one not recommending the iem I like best.

I am recommending what I think you will like best AND IT WILL FIT IN YOUR EARS.

The ck10 has excellent transparency/clarity and IT WILL FIT IN YOUR EARS.

The ones people are trying to get you to buy because they liked it WILL PROBABLY NOT FIT IN YOUR EARS. The 252 was terrible advice, for example. The people who suggested that should be ashamed of themselves. Edit: And, in the case of Bennyboy, banned, I guess.

In summary: My advice is excellent and taking it will lead to happiness.

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 17
Thanks, I also think you are the only one really read my post. I will order the Ck-10 now before anything else come in mind, choosing a IEM is really tiresome 
dt880smile.png
  Thanks again.

Quote:
Here's the bottom line:

I am the only person who really read your post.

I am the only one not recommending the iem I like best.

I am recommending what I think you will like best AND IT WILL FIT IN YOUR EARS.

The ck10 has excellent transparency/clarity and IT WILL FIT IN YOUR EARS.

The ones people are trying to get you to buy because they liked it WILL PROBABLY NOT FIT IN YOUR EARS. The 252 was terrible advice, for example. The people who suggested that should be ashamed of themselves. Edit: And, in the case of Bennyboy, banned, I guess.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:
Here's the bottom line:

biggrin.gif

Quote:

Quote:
RaonCRM said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
... the real problem is the fit, I don't think my ear will fit the Ortofon, and the Final audio maybe as I think those are nearly the same size.

consider either surgery or customs, or both!
ksc75smile.gif

trust me, my advice is excellent and taking it will lead to happiness. 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back