Help me to choose please!
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mike82y

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am looking for a new headphone, planning on using it for at least 3 years. I am not exactly an audiophile, but I would like to spend my money on something which is worth buying. I am also someone who take good cares of stuffs I own.
instead of going from low-mid-high end headphone... I thought why not just buy a good one and be happy

I will be using the headset/headphone for gaming, music and movies.

Sennheiser PC360 - not sure if its good it costs around - 150 Euro at the moment
Sennheiser HD600 - really like the look of the cans - 210 Euro
Sennheiser HD650 - the price differences between 600/650 are not so great.. so im also taking 650 into consideration. - 250 Euro

I will also be getting a soundcard

either Creative Titanium or Auzentech Forte. a headphone amp will come in consideration later on..

Michael

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 5
The 600 & 650 sound different, and some people prefer the 600 over the 650 even though the 650 was the flagship. The 600/650 will run from a soundcard, but really need an amp to sound their best. Most people around here don't use headsets for gaming. Typically you can get more for your money with headphones and a separate mic. The general recommendations for gaming are HD555, AD700, DT770, DT880.

What kind of music? Do you care if people around you can hear your games/music/movies?

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 5
I basically listen to all type of music, hip-pop, trance, techno, ska and some 70s hits
are those open air headphones really that loud for people around you to hear? I read in the forum, that they sound better though..

I have thought about DT770s but I think I will stick with Sennheiser this time

I dont really know a place where I can test/try the headphones...

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 5
Sennheiser 600/650 are not great for gaming, just depends on your priorities. Open do generally sound better, but usually sacrifice some bass impact and are easily heard by people around you and you can hear everything going on around you as well. The 600/650 might not be aggressive enough for the types of music you listen to. Maybe someone else will chime in who listen to those genres. As far as where to try, there are not many places if you live in the US. Call some local home audio shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back