Help me to buy a headphone amp (Want one that sounds warm)
Jul 6, 2017 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody, it's been a while since i last posted a new topic. I bought a Panasonic RP-HTX7 (White) headphones according to Head-fi users recommendation and it was awesome. i've been using it to listen to music with my Samsung galaxy Grand prime 4G for a while. I loved the "Tube Timbre" option in the samsung which made music sounds kind of warm and tuby. Unfortunately i had my phone lost and i bought a new Xiaomi phone, everything about the new phone was good but for music it kind of too harsh, maybe because i got used to that emulated tube sound.

So that was my story and i am in a quest to get my warm sounding back for good. Not through a mobile phone lol. Can someone recommend me a good affordable headphone amp to do this?, it doesn't have to be super portable. I have my eyes on

CMOY by JDlabs (Kinda' looks awesome)
Bravo V2
Little Bear (looks like a bravo clone)

I don't know much about these things... can someone tell me which one of them kind of sound warm and mellow? or if you have any recommendations please let me know.

FiiO is also there but i don't know if that's a good choice.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you looking for a portable amp or desktop?

Some amps are a bit more warm than others, but usually not by much. Some tube amps can really warm up the sound but they're usually for the desktop.

IMO your best bet is to keep using DSP / plugins (EQ), or try new headphones or pads.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Are you looking for a portable amp or desktop?

Some amps are a bit more warm than others, but usually not by much. Some tube amps can really warm up the sound but they're usually for the desktop.

IMO your best bet is to keep using DSP / plugins (EQ), or try new headphones or pads.

thanks a lot for the reply.... Desktop amp is what i am thinking, i just came across this.... how good is it? any idea?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-H...463840?hash=item569c2e3ea0:g:CxsAAOSw-29ZSHgw

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 6
Unfortunately, due to the strange requirements of tubes, it's often quite costly to design a tube amp with good performance... if you want tubes on a budget, a hybrid like those from Bravo, Garage1217, or Schiit would be a good bet. I'm not familiar with the one linked.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Unfortunately, due to the strange requirements of tubes, it's often quite costly to design a tube amp with good performance... if you want tubes on a budget, a hybrid like those from Bravo, Garage1217, or Schiit would be a good bet. I'm not familiar with the one linked.

Thank you for the recommendation, I will do a little bit of research on your recommendations to see if it fits my budget. :)) thanks a lot again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back