Help me out! Sennheiser HD 429's new, or 449's used but like new?
Jul 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

montagical

New Head-Fier
First off, I'd like to say hi to everyone here at Head-Fi. I'm having a little trouble here and none of my friends are great with audio or headphones and I thought "Who would be better for headphones? Just a forum dedicated to it."

I'm having a little trouble. I have a budget around $70-$80 and a brand new set of HD 429's are $69.99. I thought that sounded pretty great, until I saw a pair of 449's at $73~ with a tag "Used - Like New" condition. The hard part is that I love vocals. I listen to not much bass stuff, but I was wondering if the 429 would just end up being better since it has a bit of bass to it. 

Unless you guys can suggest me to something better in that price range, is there anything wrong with "Used - Like New" condition headphones? Thanks.

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 2
Get the HD 429, ive been on amazon and the hd 439 is currently sold for 50+ dollars as new but the original price is $99 so i dont trust that seller. but you say you love vocals so if you had more spare change yo could go for the HD 439 or HD 449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back