Help me finding a sulotion for my new headphones...
Feb 22, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #46 of 68
You already know you like the sound of the Superlux HD681 Evo. Unless you can listen to the HD681B, no guarantee you will like them better or even as well. So seems like this is a decision you have to make on your own.

I would add that if an Ebay seller sends you a broken item, it is more than fair to ask them to inspect the replacement pair that they send you prior to shipping it out. Ebay sellers with good ratings are typically more than happy to do something like that on a replacement. They don't want to get feedback like "original returned and the replacement pair were both broken."

You are right, I already like the Evo, but I don't know if the 681B with 1 year warranty and around 13 dollar less in the price is better choice for me, I might like it too but who knows.. I mean, what are the chances that the 61B will be really bad? Almost no chances according the the reviews, I doubt any shop here will let me hear it before buying it, but I will try anyways.

About the eBay seller, my main mistake that the seller is not the most trustful there, and that was my mistake. Maybe I will buy the Evo's from another seller who's more trustful and that will be worth for me, but i really in debate about that 1 year warranity... I also heard that the build quality of the Evos are bad and they get broken really quickly, so thats also an issue. They really seems like headphones which can get broken easly.

+1 on cel's comments. I would add that there are some somewhat involved mods to the 681B to optimize the sound that you may or may not wish to get into (it involves some soldering, etc.). People seeking to get the most out of the 681B usually do these mods (see the comments of pdroid in the 681 threads). Anyhow, these are not necessarily required on the Evo, which sounds quite smooth out of the box, along with its robust bass (which you have already experienced).

I am not planning to do any mods since I've never tried such things and I am scared to break it or something, I prefer to use the headphones as they come and not to touch it anymore.

Do the 681 Evo and the 681B really different from each other? After all they are all 681s lol.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #47 of 68
  You are right, I already like the Evo, but I don't know if the 681B with 1 year warranty and around 13 dollar less in the price is better choice for me, I might like it too but who knows.. I mean, what are the chances that the 61B will be really bad? Almost no chances according the the reviews, I doubt any shop here will let me hear it before buying it, but I will try anyways.

About the eBay seller, my main mistake that the seller is not the most trustful there, and that was my mistake. Maybe I will buy the Evo's from another seller who's more trustful and that will be worth for me, but i really in debate about that 1 year warranity... I also heard that the build quality of the Evos are bad and they get broken really quickly, so thats also an issue. They really seems like headphones which can get broken easly.

I am not planning to do any mods since I've never tried such things and I am scared to break it or something, I prefer to use the headphones as they come and not to touch it anymore.

Do the 681 Evo and the 681B really different from each other? After all they are all 681s lol.

Yeah, lol. The two do really differ, not just in name, unfortunately.  And I think build quality on the Evo's is just fine for their price-point. I've had no issues with mine and that is the case for many other Evo owners (I know because we have discussed it) as well. The treble on the un-modded 681B is much more untamed and harsh than on the Evo. The bass on the Evo is more prominent and of similar quality, IMHO. Soundstage on the Evo is probably equivalent. This is all compared to the un-modded 681B. Detail is better on the modded 681B, but probably equivalent un-modded. That's about it, from my point of view. Others may disagree, but to me, those are the salient facts. As has been said before, you know you like the Evo. That may be worth listening to (pardon the pun). You may not like the 681B--it has a very different sound signature than the Evo. Not the same can. No guarantee at all that you'll like it, just because you like the Evo. Something to think about.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #48 of 68

Yeah, lol. The two do really differ, not just in name, unfortunately.  And I think build quality on the Evo's is just fine for their price-point. I've had no issues with mine and that is the case for many other Evo owners (I know because we have discussed it) as well. The treble on the un-modded 681B is much more untamed and harsh than on the Evo. The bass on the Evo is more prominent and of similar quality, IMHO. Soundstage on the Evo is probably equivalent. This is all compared to the un-modded 681B. Detail is better on the modded 681B, but probably equivalent un-modded. That's about it, from my point of view. Others may disagree, but to me, those are the salient facts. As has been said before, you know you like the Evo. That may be worth listening to (pardon the pun). You may not like the 681B--it has a very different sound signature than the Evo. Not the same can. No guarantee at all that you'll like it, just because you like the Evo. Something to think about.

I am really confused now, I really don't want to take the risk of getting broken pair again from someone else, and the 1 year warranity here on the 681B is something that I consider as well before taking a decision. My opinion on the Evo does not really matter because that's my first 'proffesional' headphones and I have nothing to compare it to, so who knows maybe I will like the 681B even more, I don't know. The bass on the Evo's also started to be annoying sometimes, too warm headphones sometimes.
Thank you for your opinion, it sorted out some things for me. 

I would like to get other opinions, if possible.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #50 of 68
Update:
The Evo's also started to press on my head when wearing them for more than an hour or so. Because of that and the other reasons that I described erailer, I decided not to take it.

So now i'm debating on which headphone is the best for me in that price. I highly prefer not to buy from eBay anymore, only from my country and with warranty (Well, most of the headphones are available in my country, so you shouldn't worry bout that, I will tell you if there is any in my country).
My budget is $50 - Not any more than that.

Thanks, and hope to get advices soon!

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #52 of 68
  Update:
The Evo's also started to press on my head when wearing them for more than an hour or so. Because of that and the other reasons that I described erailer, I decided not to take it.

So now i'm debating on which headphone is the best for me in that price. I highly prefer not to buy from eBay anymore, only from my country and with warranty (Well, most of the headphones are available in my country, so you shouldn't worry bout that, I will tell you if there is any in my country).
My budget is $50 - Not any more than that.

Thanks, and hope to get advices soon!

+1 on the Takstar Pro 80 (may be a bit more than the budget allows) or the 681B--to me, those are the two best choices now. Good luck! Oh, one more that might be in budget is the ISK 580--it's like the 681B (even looks like it), but maybe a bit better.

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #53 of 68
Superlux HD681B, HD668B or Takstar Pro 80

+1 on the Takstar Pro 80 (may be a bit more than the budget allows) or the 681B--to me, those are the two best choices now. Good luck! Oh, one more that might be in budget is the ISK 580--it's like the 681B (even looks like it), but maybe a bit better.

The Taskar Pro 80 costs more than $100 here so unfortunately it's not an option for me. The ISK 580 doesn't available here too.

It's curently 2-2 on the 668B and the 681B. I highly doubt that I will be able to buy the 668B cause it's around $75 here.
Thank you for putting your opinions, I very apperactice that! Though, I need more opinions to decide between these 2 in case it will be possible for me to buy the 668B, anyone please?

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #54 of 68
The Taskar Pro 80 costs more than $100 here so unfortunately it's not an option for me. The ISK 580 doesn't available here too.
It's curently 2-2 on the 668B and the 681B. I highly doubt that I will be able to buy the 668B cause it's around $75 here.
Thank you for putting your opinions, I very apperactice that! Though, I need more opinions to decide between these 2 in case it will be possible for me to buy the 668B, anyone please?

What about the Takstar Pro 80's evil twin brother, the Gemini HSR-1000, they usually sell for cheaper then the Pro 80s.
And I own the Gemini HSR-1000.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #55 of 68

What about the Takstar Pro 80's evil twin brother, the Gemini HSR-1000, they usually sell for cheaper then the Pro 80s.
And I own the Gemini HSR-1000.

They're not available in my country unfortunately :/
Do you have any other suggestion maybe? Preferably known headphones, cause these are the ones which mostly available here.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #58 of 68
maybe i missed it but where do you live? Also if you could provide a link to a online store in your country? If we could see which headphones are available there and for what price , we could make better recommendations.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #59 of 68
maybe i missed it but where do you live? Also if you could provide a link to a online store in your country? If we could see which headphones are available there and for what price , we could make better recommendations.

I live in Israel, there is no particular store for headphones here, there are too many of them, so I just search in Google when ticking "Sites from Israel only". If the headphone is available in any store here, I will see the product and its price on the results.
However, there is a site which comparing prices between the stores (contains most of the stores), but sometimes the prices aren't updates so I don't think that would be useful for you. The site is Zap.co.il anyways if you want to try. Write the name of the headphones on the search box and press enter.
My budget in NIS is 200-250, if you see something really good that costs 300 NIS ($75) post here too, I may be able to buy it but not sure though.
Thanks!

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #60 of 68
I found two sites selling Pioneer se-a1000:
 http://www.21.tv/p-244438/d790d795d796d7a0d799d795d7aaSEA1000Pioneer/cf-6/?a=a  

and 

http://www.electrophoto.co.il/Product.asp?aff_a=1&Pid=SEA1000&Cat2Cat1ID=1&Cat2ID=398&aff=Zap&lang=he

Those are really good headphones. One of my all time favorites. Can't really go wrong with those if you have nothing against big open headphones. Check out the pioneer thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/670454/pioneer-se-a1000-appreciation-club-sennheiser-hd-650-for-45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back