Help me finding a sulotion for my new headphones...
Feb 17, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #32 of 68
Ok, sorry for bumping but I got few points to add:
*My motherboard is H61HW-M2. Does the Xonar DGX work on that motherboard?
*I saw the difference between the Xonar DGX and the Xonar DG is that one is PCI and one is PCI-E, I have no idea what do I have, is that important? How to know which one to choose?
*I'm currently looking for the Xonar DG / DGX soundcard. Do you have any better soundcards in that price range? I saw on Asus site that it is especially for gaming, and i'm not looking for gaming, im looking for music, producing music..

Thanks and hope to get answer asap.. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #33 of 68
It appears from what I can tell that your motherboard has PCI-Express slots that would work with the DGX. But you should double check the manual.

The Xonar DG/DGX is the best sound card choice in your budget range.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #34 of 68
It appears from what I can tell that your motherboard has PCI-Express slots that would work with the DGX. But you should double check the manual.

The Xonar DG/DGX is the best sound card choice in your budget range.

Great, the DGX is the one that sold in my country.

Although, in the soundcard site, it says that it's a special soundcard for gaming, do you think it will satisfy me while producing and hearing music and I will not have any more problems with the sound and volume like I have now? Also, I saw that it powers 10Ohm headphones, and mine is 32Ohm, shouldn't that be a problem?

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #35 of 68
Although, in the soundcard site, it says that it's a special soundcard for gaming, do you think it will satisfy me while producing and hearing music and I will not have any more problems with the sound and volume like I have now? Also, I saw that it powers 10Ohm headphones, and mine is 32Ohm, shouldn't that be a problem?

As I already said, the DGX (or DG) is the best sound card choice in your budget range. My recommendation again would be to wait and save your money for six months or a year and get the FiiO E10K.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #36 of 68
As I already said, the DGX (or DG) is the best sound card choice in your budget range. My recommendation again would be to wait and save your money for six months or a year and get the FiiO E10K.

Ok. Unfortunately, the Ebay seller sent me these headphones partly broken, so I will see what I can do. Maybe I will return these headphones and buy normal Superlux HD681 + the Xonar DGX.

Thank you everyone for all the help! And if anyone has different advice that will be welcome as well!

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #38 of 68
  Great, the DGX is the one that sold in my country.

You have PCI-E X1 slots, which will work fine with the Xonar DGX.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #41 of 68

HD681B is a balanced version of 681. More pleasant to listen to.

Oh thanks for the clarification buddy!

I am in a bit of dilemma now though, I currently have 2 choices after I will get refunded for my broken HD681 Evo:
1) To get another pair of these headphones instead of refund, but without any warranty from eBay (which means chance of getting broken pair again), and to wait another 2\3 weeks.
2) As soon as I will get the refund - to buy the HD681B which is sold in my country for 50NIS less than the Evo's, and with 1 year warranty.

Which option should I choose comparing the difference in quality of these 2 headphones?

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #42 of 68
  HD681B is a balanced version of 681. More pleasant to listen to.

I believe the "B" in the HD-681B stands for bass, as it has more bass then the normal HD-681.
Can't find anything that says the B in HD-681 B stands for balanced?

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #43 of 68
Hey guys, I have bought the Xonar DGX soundcard earlier today, I was scared that it will not work properly or will not improve my sound, but it definitely did!
Thank you so much for the advices and convincing me to buy it, because it did solve my problem and I am very happy with it! :) Such a great community here!

Quote:
How about an Asus Xonar DG or DGX? These are internal sound cards that can often improve on motherboard sound.

Onboard sound might have weak volume you are experiencing, dedicated soundcards usually go louder even though those are not marketed as having an amp in them. But like I said, onboard sound has evolved a lot over the years...

Xonar dg would be better than fiio e6 because it would give you a good dac with it too. Since you can't get your pc to run headphones loud enough it is hard to tell if the dac on it is decent. Most phones for example have decent dac's in them these days, not so much the case with old pc's with onboard sound. My headphones are barely loud enough on my phone but still the sound is better than on my laptop which gets louder. Bass is fuller on my phone etc... So amplifying is not all that matters. Amplifying bad source signal will just get you bad sound but louder. Of course it is impossible to say if it is the case with your gear but it is a possibility.

installing a soundcard is not that difficult. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDpEuIl1EE

You have PCI-E X1 slots, which will work fine with the Xonar DGX.

---------

On another note, I would still like to get any advices about my dilemma 
rolleyes.gif

I am in a bit of dilemma now though, I currently have 2 choices after I will get refunded for my broken HD681 Evo:
1) To get another pair of these headphones instead of refund, but without any warranty from eBay (which means chance of getting broken pair again), and to wait another 2\3 weeks.
2) As soon as I will get the refund - to buy the HD681B which is sold in my country for 50NIS less than the Evo's, and with 1 year warranty.

Which option should I choose comparing the difference in quality of these 2 headphones?

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #44 of 68
You already know you like the sound of the Superlux HD681 Evo. Unless you can listen to the HD681B, no guarantee you will like them better or even as well. So seems like this is a decision you have to make on your own.

I would add that if an Ebay seller sends you a broken item, it is more than fair to ask them to inspect the replacement pair that they send you prior to shipping it out. Ebay sellers with good ratings are typically more than happy to do something like that on a replacement. They don't want to get feedback like "original returned and the replacement pair were both broken."

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #45 of 68
You already know you like the sound of the Superlux HD681 Evo. Unless you can listen to the HD681B, no guarantee you will like them better or even as well. So seems like this is a decision you have to make on your own.

I would add that if an Ebay seller sends you a broken item, it is more than fair to ask them to inspect the replacement pair that they send you prior to shipping it out. Ebay sellers with good ratings are typically more than happy to do something like that on a replacement. They don't want to get feedback like "original returned and the replacement pair were both broken."

+1 on cel's comments. I would add that there are some somewhat involved mods to the 681B to optimize the sound that you may or may not wish to get into (it involves some soldering, etc.). People seeking to get the most out of the 681B usually do these mods (see the comments of pdroid in the 681 threads). Anyhow, these are not necessarily required on the Evo, which sounds quite smooth out of the box, along with its robust bass (which you have already experienced).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back