Help me finding a sulotion for my new headphones...
Feb 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #17 of 68
  Yeah, so it seems like an ampfilier will be my best bet. Anyone else has experience with the Fiio E6 ampfilier or has any other recommendations before I will buy it tomorrow? The shop most likely won't let me return the amp, so I gotta be sure that it is the right thing to buy.

If you can't return it, it may be better to try importing it from Amazon or something...or just use your iPhone to listen to music until you have a higher budget.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 68
  Yeah, so it seems like an ampfilier will be my best bet. Anyone else has experience with the Fiio E6 ampfilier or has any other recommendations before I will buy it tomorrow? The shop most likely won't let me return the amp, so I gotta be sure that it is the right thing to buy.

Do you have a credit card?  As long as you pay in full with a credit card and a new product, you can you use return protection.  This lets you return the item by shipping to your credit card company, if a store won't let you return an item.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #19 of 68
I'd save up for E10k. The E6 is an amp which amplifies the audio recieved from the source, in your case the PC. If there is distortion the E6 will simply amplify that.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #20 of 68
If you can't return it, it may be better to try importing it from Amazon or something...or just use your iPhone to listen to music until you have a higher budget.

Do you have a credit card?  As long as you pay in full with a credit card and a new product, you can you use return protection.  This lets you return the item by shipping to your credit card company, if a store won't let you return an item.

Didn't know that, thanks lusagi that will solve the return problem :)

I'd save up for E10k. The E6 is an amp which amplifies the audio recieved from the source, in your case the PC. If there is distortion the E6 will simply amplify that.

As far as I heard, my PC has no distortion so that will be fine imo. I do understand that the E10K is way better than the E6, but however, waiting that long till I'll save enough money doesn't make sense for me :/

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 68
Sorry. Since we don't know for certain what the precise etiology of the problem with the sound/signal from your computer is, it is difficult to be certain that an amp is going to remedy the problem. It may, and it may not, in my view. But the only way to know for certain is to try it and see. If I were you, I would do that. If it doesn't work, you should be able to return the unit. If not, then I would purchase from someone else with an appropriate and sensible return policy (as has been alluded to previously). And remember, this may be something so fundamental with your computer that it is not worth fixing. That is a possibility. Those are my thoughts. Others may have different ones. But I wish you luck!

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #24 of 68
I was in a similar situation while ago. I chose topping nx1 over fiio e6. Nx1 is $38.99 on amazon. Still I'd like to second the suggestion for asus dg soundcard. It's a nice piece of gear and most certain way of fixing your problem. Maybe you got a friend who could help you install it?

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #25 of 68
  Sorry. Since we don't know for certain what the precise etiology of the problem with the sound/signal from your computer is, it is difficult to be certain that an amp is going to remedy the problem. It may, and it may not, in my view. But the only way to know for certain is to try it and see. If I were you, I would do that. If it doesn't work, you should be able to return the unit. If not, then I would purchase from someone else with an appropriate and sensible return policy (as has been alluded to previously). And remember, this may be something so fundamental with your computer that it is not worth fixing. That is a possibility. Those are my thoughts. Others may have different ones. But I wish you luck!

Oh, but what other things could cause the problem other than lack of an ampfilier?

I was in a similar situation while ago. I chose topping nx1 over fiio e6. Nx1 is $38.99 on amazon. Still I'd like to second the suggestion for asus dg soundcard. It's a nice piece of gear and most certain way of fixing your problem. Maybe you got a friend who could help you install it?

Did the Topping NX1 solve your problem?

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #26 of 68
  Did the Topping NX1 solve your problem?

I had no problem I just needed a cheap amp and topping seems to offer best value for money. I have not received it yet so I don't know if it's worth the hype. I did however have asus dg and it was really nice. Only sold it because I needed a soundcard with coax out. My current soundcard is able to go loud enough but it over empasizes high frequencies so it's pretty much useless.  Does your pc have a dedicated soundcard or just onboard? Atleast on old computers onboard sound used to be bad...

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #27 of 68
I had no problem I just needed a cheap amp and topping seems to offer best value for money. I have not received it yet so I don't know if it's worth the hype. I did however have asus dg and it was really nice. Only sold it because I needed a soundcard with coax out. My current soundcard is able to go loud enough but it over empasizes high frequencies so it's pretty much useless.  Does your pc have a dedicated soundcard or just onboard? Atleast on old computers onboard sound used to be bad...
Oh ok, I didn't touch my PC since it was bought, so I'm pretty sure it has onboard sound card. Why is that matter? I would prefer not to touch my sound card anyways, but If it's a must then I will..

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #28 of 68
Onboard sound might have weak volume you are experiencing, dedicated soundcards usually go louder even though those are not marketed as having an amp in them. But like I said, onboard sound has evolved a lot over the years...

Xonar dg would be better than fiio e6 because it would give you a good dac with it too. Since you can't get your pc to run headphones loud enough it is hard to tell if the dac on it is decent. Most phones for example have decent dac's in them these days, not so much the case with old pc's with onboard sound. My headphones are barely loud enough on my phone but still the sound is better than on my laptop which gets louder. Bass is fuller on my phone etc... So amplifying is not all that matters. Amplifying bad source signal will just get you bad sound but louder. Of course it is impossible to say if it is the case with your gear but it is a possibility.

installing a soundcard is not that difficult. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDpEuIl1EE

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #29 of 68
+1

If you have a friend who has installed a video card, they could certainly help you to install a sound card. The Xonar DG would be a great choice here.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #30 of 68
Onboard sound might have weak volume you are experiencing, dedicated soundcards usually go louder even though those are not marketed as having an amp in them. But like I said, onboard sound has evolved a lot over the years...

Xonar dg would be better than fiio e6 because it would give you a good dac with it too. Since you can't get your pc to run headphones loud enough it is hard to tell if the dac on it is decent. Most phones for example have decent dac's in them these days, not so much the case with old pc's with onboard sound. My headphones are barely loud enough on my phone but still the sound is better than on my laptop which gets louder. Bass is fuller on my phone etc... So amplifying is not all that matters. Amplifying bad source signal will just get you bad sound but louder. Of course it is impossible to say if it is the case with your gear but it is a possibility.

installing a soundcard is not that difficult. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDpEuIl1EE

+1

If you have a friend who has installed a video card, they could certainly help you to install a sound card. The Xonar DG would be a great choice here.
Ok you got me, I will ask my friend to help me with that. So now, what will be the best soundcard in this price range? The Xonar DG? Also, will it solve my problem for sure since i will be replacing my whole soundcard?

Edit: btw, is that the same thing as the Xonar DG: "ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1"? it's available in my country. And also my motherboard is H61H2-M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back