Help me find a pair of earphones for my mom
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nucci93

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, my mom said she wanted a pair of earbuds for Christmas, but I don't know what to get her.

She just wants something that she can use to listen to her music around the house or taking a walk with her iphone. 

She also said she'd like a purple pair

Are there any good earbuds around the 40 - 60 dollar range? I'm obviously not expecting them to be some spectacular pair and I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about how good the mids, bass and whatever is, but I don't want to get her some ****ty pair either.

Any suggestions?

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 8
Not sure if these Purple Philips are the same as the much loved SHE3580's, but this could be a decent option if purple is a big concern:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-In-Ear-Headphones-SHE3584-28/dp/B003BT69ZW/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I would recommend the Sony MH1C's, but the cord is too much of an issue for those not enamored by this hobby. The VSONIC VC02 looks like a good, detailed, more mid-focused IEM for a reasonable price (30-40), though its not purple.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the reply.

I've been looking around and see that theMH1C's are very good for their price, but that cord issue does bother me a little. Would the cord really be that big of a problem? Is there a way to fix it? Should I look for a different IEM?

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 8
The cords not bad its just the J shape instead of the normal V shape most are that can be bothersome but I don't find it to be a real problem.  

Also on Amazon you can get the UE600 for $59.99 which is a very good price imo for those, they sound pretty good and there should be no fit issue with them either.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I find the J-cord to be problematic because it adds a bit more weight to the IEMs. It isn't uncomfortable in any way but, even when testing on multiple tips, these buds can pop out of the ears unless I wear them over-the-ear which is slightly annoying with the flat cable and j-cord. Now I'm talking about using these while jogging and sweating up a storm... probably much less of an issue when just walking.

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I find the J-cord to be problematic because it adds a bit more weight to the IEMs. It isn't uncomfortable in any way but, even when testing on multiple tips, these buds can pop out of the ears unless I wear them over-the-ear which is slightly annoying with the flat cable and j-cord. Now I'm talking about using these while jogging and sweating up a storm... probably much less of an issue when just walking.

i guess using clip will solve the issue. I also found that the main problem of J cord is unbalanced, there's more density to one side, which cause another side of cable always diving down or slide out.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 8
I would recommend the SONY EX series, you can get the lower model for 14.99 or spend a bit more and go for the higher ones for $29.99.

Links:

-$14.99: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666308126

-$29.99: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666308042

I got these one day cause i needed emergency headphones in an airport and they were amazing for the price. I highly recommend them and there are multiple colours to chose from you can see them on the website I linked. Also the $29.99 ones have a remote for volume and music control.

Hope this helps,
Franco99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back