Help me decide Klispch Image X10 or UE TripleFi 10.
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nightingale

New Head-Fier
At first I have to explain why I have to post this thread although there're several topics out there comparing these two IEMs:

- In my country, they are not widely available. In fact, I rarely see shops sell this, or if they do, they tell me that they do not have demo products for me to check out both. They just sell it directly and do not let me listen.
- It's expensive and my budget is just enough to go for one.

-> I have to consider your opinions. Because I don't have any chance to check them out, so I have to be very careful.

I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Nightwish, Kamelot. Besides, classical and jazz are my choices. But I listen to metal most.

Thanks a lot.

Edit: Other options are welcome :D Because I don't know how many IEMs in this price range are good also.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 12
Well, I think Triple-fi 10 will suit your genre's better over X10. The Klispch, although great sounding do show limitations with a single BA driver, they don't go very loud before distorting that is one major problem, That is not the case with all single driver BA's more just the X10. also they have build issues near the strain relief.

Owning both at once you'd defientely be getting a better deal with TF10 and it's removable cables plus the signature is better suited for your genres. You could consider Vsonic GR07 MK2 as an option. Probably a better option than both your choices for the required application.

I understand it's expensive, like myself you want to get things right the first time. If I were you I would do some research on GR07 MK2. there's plenty of threads here on it, you would need to buy online though such as ebay.

Once you do some reading up on GR07 you'll understand what I'm talking about,

Goodluck

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 12
These two IEMs has very different soundsignature like Klipsch Image X10i has signature Klipsch warm, slightly bass heavy soundsignature and bass rumble very deep with detailed mids,highs and fairly wide soundstage (good instruments separation). The UE TF10Pro are not warm as X10 but it has wider soundstage, crsip cear mids highs and tight punchy bass.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
These two IEMs has very different soundsignature like Klipsch Image X10i has signature Klipsch warm, slightly bass heavy soundsignature and bass rumble very deep with detailed mids,highs and fairly wide soundstage (good instruments separation). The UE TF10Pro are not warm as X10 but it has wider soundstage, crsip cear mids highs and tight punchy bass.

Thank you :D I prefer warm, rich and I don't like TF10 because ppl say that they're "cold and analytical". And it seems like TF10 is not for me
Quote: 
Well, I think Triple-fi 10 will suit your genre's better over X10. The Klispch, although great sounding do show limitations with a single BA driver, they don't go very loud before distorting that is one major problem, That is not the case with all single driver BA's more just the X10. also they have build issues near the strain relief.
Owning both at once you'd defientely be getting a better deal with TF10 and it's removable cables plus the signature is better suited for your genres. You could consider Vsonic GR07 MK2 as an option. Probably a better option than both your choices for the required application.
I understand it's expensive, like myself you want to get things right the first time. If I were you I would do some research on GR07 MK2. there's plenty of threads here on it, you would need to buy online though such as ebay.
Once you do some reading up on GR07 you'll understand what I'm talking about,
Goodluck

Wow, because searching for GR07 I accidentally find out Fischer Audio DBA 02 (or now Brainwavz B2). And after hours researching/comparing on head fi I decided to get a Brainwavz B2 on Amazon. Thank you a lot.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 12
I never liked Klipsch's S4 or X10.  Triple Fi 10s are the best that I have ever heard, but I could not get them to fit in my ears.

I must handle IEMs incorrectly b/c I tend to break the cables (internally) after a year or so.  The sound cuts out from the left or the right eventually.  Thus, I now favor removeable cables which the TF10 does have.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 12
Dont be silly, The Klipsch X10i, are one of the best in ears anyone could buy, the Triple fi is as exellent as as the X10i's, but are very analytical, Klipsch has more punchier bass and overall better with people who really want to enjoy music, I have triple fi, and the X10i, and I can still say today I listen to the Klipsch X10i, more than I do with the Triplefi's, by the way where are you located and how much does it cost?

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
I never liked Klipsch's S4 or X10.  Triple Fi 10s are the best that I have ever heard, but I could not get them to fit in my ears.

I must handle IEMs incorrectly b/c I tend to break the cables (internally) after a year or so.  The sound cuts out from the left or the right eventually.  Thus, I now favor removeable cables which the TF10 does have.

The biggest issue in TF10, I think, it's about the comfortable and fitness

For a person like me, I can certain that I cannot put it correctly in my little ears. The sound quality may be reduced by putting it wrong or unfit. So I decided to try out Brainwavz B2, which also has 2 BA drivers, and through reading some reviews and impressions I can see that it is the best that I can make up now. Of course for that price it is very reasonable.
Quote:
Dont be silly, The Klipsch X10i, are one of the best in ears anyone could buy, the Triple fi is as exellent as as the X10i's, but are very analytical, Klipsch has more punchier bass and overall better with people who really want to enjoy music, I have triple fi, and the X10i, and I can still say today I listen to the Klipsch X10i, more than I do with the Triplefi's, by the way where are you located and how much does it cost?

Thank you about your opinion of Klipsch X10 because I don't know why people always prefer TF10 over the Klipsch X10. I think it is just personal tastes. 

I'm from Vietnam and my local shops they are selling TF10 at the price of $220... I can't afford that price.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 12
Oh thats great!

So how much can you get the Klipsch X10i for? Triplefi's are alright as it has a very nuetral sound signature. As far as the klipsch X10i goes I love it when the bass kicks in as it very punchy as much as the Sennheiser IE80's. How much is the X10i in hcm?

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Oh thats great!

So how much can you get the Klipsch X10i for? Triplefi's are alright as it has a very nuetral sound signature. As far as the klipsch X10i goes I love it when the bass kicks in as it very punchy as much as the Sennheiser IE80's. How much is the X10i in hcm?

For secondhand it is around $128 ~ $130

Brand new is a little more expensive, about $150. Btw where are you from? :D

Edit: forgot, I'm in Hanoi, not HCM :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back