Help - KSC75 just blew my mind
Mar 11, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #61 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
I already said that they are the best 16 dollar headphones.

While I know the sr-60's are 4 times the cost, the sr-60's are also only 50 dollars more: IMO they are noticibly better as a home headphone.

I'll totally give you that the SR60's are the better can, especially when amped. The HF-1's I sold my SR60's for are better than the SR60's, but they certainly don't blow them away. There is a serious law of diminishing returns in audio and it used to be that the SR60 was the gateway drug into headphones (it's what brought me in), but now I'd say the KSC 75's just changed the whole value landscape, especially if you only use an ipod or inferior source.

Mar 12, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by y0da
i think even more then the SR-60's the KSC-75's are a gateway drug...the only problem i see is they have to segway into the $200 range to retain the wow factor from newbies

Definitely true!
biggrin.gif
I'm really interested in hearing something that sounds better than the KSC75. What will it be...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #63 of 71
I just bought a pair at radioshack, definently great phones for the price
but no where near the quality of sound of my hd595's. Thet sound more open, which might be because they sort of just hang from your ears.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #64 of 71
i still think the sr60 sound better than the ksc-75...but they do cost 3x as much. the nice thing about the ksc-75 is that they're much more portable than the sr60, which is why i've been listening to them a little more these days.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #65 of 71
Just bought a pair for a friends birthday. I won't be seeing her until Wednesday & I'm dying to listen to them. Just doesn't seem to be a way in to the damn things without breaking the packaging!
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #66 of 71
Ummm....Well with all the Koss KSC75 worshippers here, DO you think we need a KOSS KSC75 FORUM now????? lol

:KOSS SMILEY:
icon10.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #67 of 71
I just got the 75's yesterday. I had the sportapro's. The 75's are more balanced with less but better defined bass. I like them better.

Having said that, my JVC FX55's replaced my modded sportapro's since they had more well defined bass and were very similar otherwise. The 75's have a little less bass than the JVC's. If I EQ and even out the bass and A/B them I can't tell them apart it is so close. I guess the JVC's are still better since they give some isolation against external noise.

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #69 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blainethepain
Just doesn't seem to be a way in to the damn things without breaking the packaging!
biggrin.gif

The package is hinged and snaps open and shut. Remove the tape (it comes off all too easily) and find the little nubs on top bottom and side.

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #70 of 71
Heh, for me the KSC series wasn't a gateway drug but satisfaction
biggrin.gif
I toyed around with a bunch of different headphones in the sub-$100 range and I've decided to sell them all off (recently my SR-60) simply because I'm perfectly happy with the sound of my KSC-35's and 75's. I think any further spending on headphones, at this point, is just taking away from the REAL upgrades that matter - New music. Maybe when I have more disposable income, I'll mess around with high-end audio again. For now the Koss clips are all I need to enjoy music.

Yeah. Basically I love these things. I like the slightly warmer tone of the 35 over the 75, plus the looks of the 35 are way better IMO. I'm supposed to be getting a pair of PortaPros from a Head-Fier soon so I'll see how those are.

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71
I just got the 75's yesterday. I had the sportapro's. The 75's are more balanced with less but better defined bass. I like them better.

Having said that, my JVC FX55's replaced my modded sportapro's since they had more well defined bass and were very similar otherwise. The 75's have a little less bass than the JVC's. If I EQ and even out the bass and A/B them I can't tell them apart it is so close. I guess the JVC's are still better since they give some isolation against external noise.

Try this...remove the drivers from your Sportapro's (they just snap off), remove the earclips from you KSC75's (also snap off), put KSC75 drivers on Sportapro headband (you guessed it, they just snap on), cut hole in center of earpad...ENJOY MODDED GOODNESS!!!

:whythehelldontwehaveakscsmiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back