Help! In-ear headphones $60-80
Dec 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Souji

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to a lot of K-Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, and House/Electronic music.

I have a couple of headphones in mind, but I'm not sure.

Some of the headphones that I've been reading reviews on:
- Sunrise SW-Xcape - warm sounding re0, slightly more bass than the re0 and re-zero
- Head-Direct RE0 - clarity, detailed
- HiFiMAN RE-ZERO - slightly different sound signature than re0, clarity
- Fischer Audio Eterna - 'fun' sounding headphones, I don't mind rocking out in my headphones
- Brainwavz M3 - more detailed than m2 andless bass
- Brainwavz M2 - good clarity and impactful bass
- a-JAYS Three - recommended over the m3 and m2 by ClieOS for bassheads, but I don't think I'm a basshead?
- Soundmagic PL50

Also, would these headphones benefit from a FiiO E5 headphone amp?
Any other suggestions or ideas?!

I plan to use them for portability use around school and running/lifting weights at the gym.
I also use a 1st Gen. 32GB iPod Touch as well if that helps.

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 11
Dec 28, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 11
After much reading, I may bite the bullet on the Brainwavz M2 or the Sunrise SW-Xcape.

With the M2's at $50 I won't be breaking the bank,

But I wouldn't mind spending an extra $30 for the Sunrise for clarity and detailed sound.

Very troublesome with the degree of choices. :frowning2:

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 11
Bump!

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 11
I just got my Sunrise Xcape on the 24th and I am loving it so much. This IEM makes my other IEMs (Denon C700, M9, M6) sound bad 
eek.gif
. I always love bass, hard hitting and rumbling bass, but I love a natural sounding bass even more and the Xcape has given me that sound. I found Xcape to sound kind of similar to my KSC75 with Xcape having more detail in mid and treble (both having that sparkling treble that I love), tighter and more detail bass than KSC75 although Xcape can't beat the airiness of KSC75 being an open headphone. 

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
I just got my Sunrise Xcape on the 24th and I am loving it so much. This IEM makes my other IEMs (Denon C700, M9, M6) sound bad 
eek.gif
. I always love bass, hard hitting and rumbling bass, but I love a natural sounding bass even more and the Xcape has given me that sound. I found Xcape to sound kind of similar to my KSC75 with Xcape having more detail in mid and treble (both having that sparkling treble that I love), tighter and more detail bass than KSC75 although Xcape can't beat the airiness of KSC75 being an open headphone. 

Thank you very much for your insight! I guess I made the right decision to snag the Sunrise Xcape. Where did you purchase yours?

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #9 of 11
bugdenaudio 
and don't forget to at least burn-in the Xcape for 20 hours although it will still change a little bit around 50-100 hours. At first listen the bass was very small almost sound like clicking for kick drum sound, but it will become solid, the mid and treble will sound thin and harsh at first, but will smoothen out overtime. 

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
After much reading, I may bite the bullet on the Brainwavz M2 or the Sunrise SW-Xcape.

But I wouldn't mind spending an extra $30 for the Sunrise for clarity and detailed sound.

Where did you find the m2's for 50?

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Quote:

Where did you find the m2's for 50?

mp4nation.net

Store wide 15% off coupon: de536e174c (Expires 30/12/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back