HELP!!! IEM TIP STUCK IN INNER EAR!!!
Jul 16, 2008 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

barmar46

100+ Head-Fier
The cone shaped tip came off my Etys iems and is stuck in my ear. What do I do. Feels weird. Pressure. Some pain. And can't hear very well. Kinda scared too!

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 47
Only thing I can think of are tweezers.

Just don't grab skin or push them in deeper.
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #6 of 47
Better than a gerbil...not that there's anything wrong with that
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 47
Well I for one would not be sticking sharp metal objects down my ear, Go to the ER or your DR and get him to take it out!
Either that or put a couple of drops of Olive oil down your ear and gently massage the base of your ear pushing outwards. The human body is wonderful on it's own at expunging foreign objects as well!
Repeat, DO NOT PUT SHARP METAL OBJECTS THAT FAR DOWN YOUR EAR CANAL, YOU COULD PUNCTURE YOUR EAR DRUM
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #12 of 47
Ouch!! No one's talking about sticking tweezers in that deep. Just carefully until you reach the stem that attaches to the IEM driver's nozzle. Gently pull on that.

Since the etys go in so deep, the ER might not be a bad idea.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #14 of 47
Remember to change/clean the eartips after you take it out. A loose eartip is usually an indication of either plastic aging or sloppy maintenance. Good luck to you.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #15 of 47
Ha ha, I remember when that happened to me with my tfi's, fortunately I was at the university and asked the doctor to take it out. The last thing that came to my head was asking for help at a forum... imagine waiting 8 hours with that in my head, no way!
Actually, puting your head inside boiling water for 3 hours sounds like a good way to take it out, tweezers are for girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back