HELP! I Been Searching...
Jul 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jamster001

New Head-Fier
I am so proud to have found this forum.
normal_smile%20.gif

Here are the headsets I currently own. All of which were paired with the Astro Mixamp and each having their advantages and disadvantages.I have owned the TB HPX's, ATH-AD700's, and the Razor Carcharias. My favorite, gaming wise, were the AD700's but to be honest, they looked hideous when worn. I have narrowed it down thus far with the two headsets below. Can someone, anyone, please help me?

I am so confused on which headset to buy. Either the Siberia V2's or the PC350's. I have literally spent my whole morning today (and the last month) on reading/watching reviews. lol. Hopefully I can make a decision soon. MLGSteggy (from MLG Pro) seems to favor the Siberia V2's over the PC350's but on other reviews I have read that the PC350's were great when it came to directional positioning. I will use the headset I buy mainly for gaming but occasionally I would like to use them with my iPod around the house. I think the V2's would look better then the PC350's, since the mic is retractable, but not sure which would actually sound better for both music but MAINLY gaming purposes (directional positioning). Any help would greatly be much appreciated. Again, I have a $170 or so budget so that really does not matter. Also, again, I will pair the headset with the Astro Mixamp. Thank you everyone in advance.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 21
Sorry, I also forgot to mention that I would rather NOT perform any mic mods. I did the mic mod on the AD700's and just did not care for doing the mod on a $100 pair of headphones. I would rather by a set that has an attached mic factory installed. Thanks for understanding.

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 21
AD700 has legendary positional audio for games. It won't be any good for the genres you mentioned, though. One of its strengths for competitive gaming is its lack of bass, which will hurt those genres.

I suggest you scan through this awesome thread. "Fun" cans there usually mean good bass response, which would be the best all-rounders for you.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 21
Thanks for the reply.

I am leaning toward the PC350s or 360s but still not sure which one will sound better when paired with my Astro mixamp. I also been thinking about just buying the 2011 version of the Astro Mixamp system because I been reading positive reviews about it. It just seems steep to spend $200+ on just a pair of headsets. I have the AD700s and while they work great for music they just look plain ridiculous when worn. Also, I found them to be to loose when worn. So basically here are my decisions...

I can go the cheaper route and buy the Steel Series Siberia V2's which seem to look normal if I choose to where once in a while with my iPod Touch and have read good reviews on them when gaming (directional positioning), pay a hefty amount for the PC350 or PC360s (which does not have a detachable mic), or just take the plunge and buy the complete 2011 Astro Mixamp system. Which do you think is the better choose when it comes to both enjoying audio music once-in-awhile but mainly being used to "sound-whore" in gaming? Also, what are the pure benefits/disadvantages between the PC350s and PC360s?

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 21
If I am to pay $200+ on a headset they better look good on. The AD700s are just plain ugly! Really just asking what I wrote before...

I can go the cheaper route and buy the Steel Series Siberia V2's which seem to look normal if I choose to where once in a while with my iPod Touch and have read good reviews on them when gaming (directional positioning), pay a hefty amount for the PC350 or PC360s (which does not have a detachable mic), or just take the plunge and buy the complete 2011 Astro Mixamp system. Which do you think is the better choose when it comes to both enjoying audio music once-in-awhile but mainly being used to "sound-whore" in gaming? Also, what are the pure benefits/disadvantages between the PC350s and PC360s?

Jul 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 21

Quote:
Who would pay $200?

Are you in the U.S.?

Please read...I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE AD700's NOR any other "have-to-be modded headset"...I am simple just asking if the PC350/360s are worth the cash or will the SSSV2's do the job when either would be paired with the mixamp. Also, to your suggestion, the AD700s while having a large sound stage while gaming, they do nothing but fall off my head due to a poor design IMHO. That is it!

Finally, I will "occasionally" use the cans for listening to my iTouch. That is the only reason I mentioned "looks". I would never wear the ad700s outside unless I was at a circus. lol This is what I am hoping for the best set that provides directional positioning when gaming and a pair that will also provide great sound when listening to my iTouch. Please, I am tired of trying to explain this, what headset do you gamers/audiophile user's go to when it comes to headsets???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back