Help! Has anyone tried the TDK ie800 dual dynamics! Is there any review or impression? About to pay.
Sep 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 28
Had a very brief audition of this iems the other day. If you are a bass head I don't think you will like it. I found it quite impressive though. To my ears it sounded like a slightly brighter and thinner sounding ba200. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 28
Yes, it was the tdk ie800 I am sure about that. And as swimsonny said, dual dynamics do not always have thumping bass. As for the ie800's sound, the bass is still very nice with good extension and punch, but quantity is not bass head level. In fact, the bass quantity I think is same as it is in the ba200, which is not known for having an over-emphasized bass response. The sound was supremely smooth and refined though. I was pretty impressed! I liked it way more than the jvc fxt90 that I auditioned the same day.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 28
Thanks for the review, omastic. So is the bass level average or above/below average, compare to fxt 90(I have it)? Its fine if its flat. I also love smooth liquid sound.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #7 of 28
I think it has slightly less mid bass quantity compared to the fxt90, but what really impressed me was the smoothness in the mids and the highs, particularly the highs which I found very harsh in the fxt90. Overall, the fxt90 is livelier, edgier sounding with a lot of energy while the ie800 smooth, laid back and more relaxing,

It was a relatively brief audition of about 15 mins so please do take my words with a grain of salt!

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 28
I did not specifically listen for sub bass response, but in general I thought it was bass light relative to the fxt90. It was a long long time ago though. Cant say for sure now.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #11 of 28
double bump.

Everything I've read about the BA200 sounds perfect for my musical taste. My only problem is so-so build quality and over ear design. So I'm wondering if the ie800 might have similar sound, but with a better design for me.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #13 of 28
Yeah I saw those the other day while on Amazon.  I've seen one impression of them somewhere and they said they were pretty good and have the standard TDK house sound being warm and smooth but with good detail and that they weren't bass heavy but that the bass was accurate not bloated.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:
Yeah I saw those the other day while on Amazon.  I've seen one impression of them somewhere and they said they were pretty good and have the standard TDK house sound being warm and smooth but with good detail and that they weren't bass heavy but that the bass was accurate not bloated.

Where did you see that impression?

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 28
I can't remember at all, sorry.  Try typing in TDK IE800 review in Google and you might be able to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back