Help getting new headphones. =)
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rocker95

New Head-Fier
Hi I am new to Head-Fi (not really - I have used it a lot to read reviews). I am looking to get a new pair of headphones. After hours and hours of researching, I got nothing... So I though it would be best if a ask you guys myself and so here's what I am after; I am looking to get a closed around/over-the-ear headphones. A few things about me that affect my choice are: I love my bass (not punchy/anti-punchy - with revibrations - I believe Sennheisers are famous for this?) AND buttery warm mids. I don't really care about the highs, but I am happy as long as i know that they ARE THERE and have not completely disappeared. And by the way, I listen to a wide range of music (and by wide I mean MEGA wide). My budget is around $200, but please don't let that affect you in suggesting the headphones (I'd like to know about all of them that suit my flavour)

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps! =)

P.S.  ->  Sorry about my paragraph structuring - I was never the best at English...

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi rocker95

I'm also relatively new here so I cannot recommend you any headphones, but I am "quite" sure Audio Technica is famous for their warm mids ( atleast for the ATH-W3000ANV/W5000 ).

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 3
You mean you don't like headphones with a strong bass punch?
Warm mids, love bass but not punchy, try AKG K242HD but it's not a closed. A closed one... Perhaps SRH840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back