Help for buying new headphones. Sennheiser HD 4xx series
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vixu2006

New Head-Fier
Hi , 
 I'm planning to get a new set of headphones under $100. I understand the sennheiser's HD 4xx series would fulfill my needs. But I am confused on deciding upon which headphone to select from the 419, 429, 439 and 449. I mostly listen to rock(progressive,classic), metal (heavy,progressive,death,black,djent) and classical music. I dont need a thumpy strong bass but a more accurate and powerful one, and good noise cancelling. I havent tried any of these headphones but read positive reviews on the HD439. I have come to the understanding that the bass decreases with the increasing model numbers. Hence I am confused between the HD429 and the HD439. Since I live in India I cant get my hands on other brands such as ATH. So, please help me decide between the HD4xx series and the headphones which would suit me the best. .
confused_face(1).gif

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi , 
 I'm planning to get a new set of headphones under $100. I understand the sennheiser's HD 4xx series would fulfill my needs. But I am confused on deciding upon which headphone to select from the 419, 429, 439 and 449. I mostly listen to rock(progressive,classic), metal (heavy,progressive,death,black,djent) and classical music. I dont need a thumpy strong bass but a more accurate and powerful one, and good noise cancelling. I havent tried any of these headphones but read positive reviews on the HD439. I have come to the understanding that the bass decreases with the increasing model numbers. Hence I am confused between the HD429 and the HD439. Since I live in India I cant get my hands on other brands such as ATH. So, please help me decide between the HD4xx series and the headphones which would suit me the best. .
confused_face(1).gif

Thanks.

Heya,

Brainwavz HM5 is $99 shipped with a stand from MP4nation.net. I would get it over any of the HD4xx line.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back