Help! Deleted Firmware Hisoundaudio Studio V - Studio-BA
Jul 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NurseBecka

New Head-Fier
I acccidentally deleted the BA firmware. (dumb blonde!)  I found it and D/L'd from support at hisoundaudio.  Had to install winzip to open.  Now that it is open, can't find a program to open the firmware.sb file.  Anyone know what program opens *.sb files?  Quicktime isn't working.

Please help - Thanks!

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 5
If it says sb, it's probably not unzipped. download 7-zip, unzip to a new folder on your desktop where you can find it and then open the StUpdaterApp_4MIN which is it's own installation program and go from there. You don't open the firmware.sb file. It will be used automatically if you run the program correctly. After you reset the unit, you need to hold down one of the buttons as you connect to your PC but I forget which one.  Read the instructions on formatting etc before starting. If not given, look in the sponsor forum about the -p version for more info.

You can PM me if you need.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
If it says sb, it's probably not unzipped. download 7-zip, unzip to a new folder on your desktop where you can find it and then open the StUpdaterApp_4MIN which is it's own installation program and go from there. You don't open the firmware.sb file. It will be used automatically if you run the program correctly. After you reset the unit, you need to hold down one of the buttons as you connect to your PC but I forget which one.  Read the instructions on formatting etc before starting. If not given, look in the sponsor forum about the -p version for more info.

You can PM me if you need.

Okay, wow thanks for coming to my rescue!  But I think this is gonna be a bigger can of worms than I expected.  Maybe I should just leave the BA off and use the Dynamic.

No, I did unzip the file and was presented with 2 .sb files, 2 word docs with instruction in JapaNOTease, and the .exe app that you referenced.

When I click on the install app I get a firmware window that SHOULD give me the sys config of my device.  But it is blank.  It shows the firmware it wants to install.  And keeps asking me to connect my device, which is obviously connected.  Device is USB connected and shows in my computer as Hisound and is accessable.  But doesn't show as connected to upgrade firmware.  Which may be good after all because from the pretty japanese word.doc pictures it says to check boxes:  "Format Data Area" and "Full Media Erase".  ACK!!  Is this installation gonna add to device, or is it gonna sacrifice my entire system, Dynamic firmware, and library?

A few times during install attempts I got "cannot open .sb file" errors.  But I think you are right in that the install.exe app should take care of those files.

So what do you think?  Should I just foo foo the BA firmware and be happy with only the Dynamic?  It just annoys me that I paid too much to not have a fully functioning , all the bells and whistles DAP.

FYI, the reset buttons to use when connected to the computer are the middle and the one above it at the same time.  Though I do not know fully what this will wipe, or will it be just be a hard reboot when the reset buttons doesn't do the job.

Thank you for your time, attention, and expertise; and I look forward to any more words of wisdom you  may have for me.  Thanks!!

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Sounds like you need the dual FW and it's not registering because your player isn't in a mode when connected that allows the program to see it. It needs to be reset and then have one of the buttons held when turned on and connected to your computer. I suspect that if you install the BA firmware, you'll erase the Dynamic. I believe that there is a dual FW that I saw on a forum I can't find now. You may want to contact HiSound to make sure you get the correct FW.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 5
omg..........
try this
open the updatter.exe with your device unplugged

press reset button on your device
hold the power button 2 sec, the screen still black
press and hold up button for 2 sec
connect the usb on your pc and your device

it shows installing your driver bla bla bla

release your up button.

press start

wait for a while