Help confused girl!
Aug 6, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #31 of 44
Hey, a Girl!
A girl in distress!
Everybody gather to help this girl please!!!!!

Welcome to HeadFi Girl!!!!!

tongue_smile.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not the case. For example, my laptop output has no audible noise to bother anyone using variety of headphones (save very sensitive IEMs). A headphone will do fine without getting any extra equipment...

if you have a laptop with a potentiometer for volume then you probably won't hear any hiss even with iems.

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #33 of 44
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the ATH-SQ5. As far as I know they can be had for pretty cheap in America and sound (not to mention look) pretty sweet, and are pretty comfortable too. And they're compact! Did I mention the 3 different colours it comes in?
*takes check from Audio-Technica under the table*

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #36 of 44
Lots of good suggestions. I disagree with the hiss comments, laptops can be quiet with full size headphones, but some uber sensitive in ear monitors may hiss. I also disagree about the comments on poor comfort with the SR-60 and MS-1 which use soft foam pads that sit on the ears - I find them more comfortable than Grados with bowl pads. I would pick the MS-1 over the SR-60, as they are more transparent and accurate in timbre and tone than SR-60. The Denon D-1001 or AT ES7 would be good, and any of those would probably sound fine (but the SR-60 are not as good as the others).

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #38 of 44
what if this is just a social experiment to 1) measure how much more helpful advice is given to girls here than to those who don't specify their gender 2) check how many posts will emphasize the fact that OP is a girl?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by charonme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what if this is just a social experiment to 1) measure how much more helpful advice is given to girls here than to those who don't specify their gender 2) check how many posts will emphasize the fact that OP is a girl?
evil_smiley.gif

that's what i'm thinking. haha... it's only been 15 hours, and this is already on 4+ pages.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #41 of 44
Haha, well this is not a social experiment and I am for sure a girl (you can only take my word for it). Althought it's a fact that guys tend to be more helpful when a girl is in need.

I don't mind, but surely it would be fantastic if your gender didn't decide the amount of help you get.

Back to the topic:

My budget: about 120 dollar. But it's hard to say because I live in sweden so the prices are a bit higher. 1 dollar is worth about 6 swedish crowns.

I seriously consider to buy the Sennheiser HD201. I've read so much positive about them, and the price is fantastic! What do you say?

Thank you for your advice!

/Fanny

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Start with the sr60 at least
biggrin.gif
or since grados are expensive where you live, ms1s... $99 with free worldwide shipping

The $99 MS-1 with worldwide shipping included will deliver noticeably better sound than the SR-60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back