Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #31 of 38
Hello, I was in your position not long ag and chose the M80 based on reviews here and am very happy. If you read enough reviews you really get a good idea of what you will be getting. I see that in Europe you cannot find a decent price on the M80 and from what Ive read the LP2 is not a good option unless you love booming bass that ruins the detail. You mentioned that you found a good price on the M Audio Q40, that was my second option when I was on my headphone quest. I have read many really good reviews on them and would recommend them based on all I've read. They are suppose to be superior to the much lauded AT M50. The Q40 have great bass that doesn't destroy the rest of the sound. If you found a deal I would go for it if I were you. Read up on them here if you like. I'd recommend doing so to know what you are getting. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #32 of 38
Hello, I was in your position not long ag and chose the M80 based on reviews here and am very happy. If you read enough reviews you really get a good idea of what you will be getting. I see that in Europe you cannot find a decent price on the M80 and from what Ive read the LP2 is not a good option unless you love booming bass that ruins the detail. You mentioned that you found a good price on the M Audio Q40, that was my second option when I was on my headphone quest. I have read many really good reviews on them and would recommend them based on all I've read. They are suppose to be superior to the much lauded AT M50. The Q40 have great bass that doesn't destroy the rest of the sound. If you found a deal I would go for it if I were you. Read up on them here if you like. I'd recommend doing so to know what you are getting. 
yes probably i will take the q40 and if then i get really enterested in headphones, i can also make the jump and take the m80.
i read by many reviews that m80 are great, but read also some very good reviews about the q40.. so i'll go with the q40 and then maybe the m80 :)

Inviato e basta.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #33 of 38
Ya, I own both and I don't even think it's close.  The M80 is in a completely different league when it comes to sound.  When it comes to comfort though, the Bose is a clear standout.  Certainly one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever put on. 

The biggest problem for me with the Bose lies in the mids.  If you do some heavy EQing (if that's a work), then you can get some decent sound out of them...but if you don't have access to adjustable EQ, I would recommend leaving the Bose on the shelf. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #34 of 38
Ya, I own both and I don't even think it's close.  The M80 is in a completely different league when it comes to sound.  When it comes to comfort though, the Bose is a clear standout.  Certainly one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever put on. 

The biggest problem for me with the Bose lies in the mids.  If you do some heavy EQing (if that's a work), then you can get some decent sound out of them...but if you don't have access to adjustable EQ, I would recommend leaving the Bose on the shelf. 
thanks! :)

Inviato e basta.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:
I ordered M-audio Q40
smily_headphones1.gif

Inviato e basta.

nice, enjoy!! and report back when you get them
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back