help about paypal dispute case against me
Jul 20, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought insurance and tracking, but not signature, i guess from now on i should do that.

Don't know if this has been said or not, but...
This may be enough to swing the decision in your way. I know that from the items I've ordered and sent, if the insured value is >$200.00, the post office requires a signature. The post office has to look out for their best interests as well. This may not be the case for different locales, but it is in my area (and OP is in OH like me).
So, if you insured it for full value (or even half of the $500 for that matter), the post office should have a record of his signature on file.
File an insurance claim with USPS, saying that the buyer claims he never received, then USPS can put the screws to him.
I'd get in touch with the post office ASAP and tell the scammer you are doing so, because mail fraud (especially with USPS) is a very serious crime that I'm sure he wouldnt want to deal with.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah...but that's for a Premier or Business Account. I have just the standard run-of-the-mill Paypal account. Does the OP have a Premier or Business Account?

Unfortunately, when a dispute is raised, and if you have a normal account, paypal WILL FORCE you to upgrade your account to premier so that the terms and condition will apply. When a dispute is made against your account, they will yet again lock your normal account, tell you that there's some "odd" activity going on with your account and ask you to add a bank account and a credit card account. What's more, that will NOT be suffice. They will ask you to fax in photocopies of some legal documents with your address and name on it. By doing that, they now have your address, the collection agencies will know where to harass, and you just gave them the authority to take $$ out of your account.

In short, if you read their fine print carefully you will find that:
1) We can lock your account anytime if we suspect some sort of suspicious activity, we don't need to tell you exactly what is suspicious about your account

2) We can ask for extensive info about you, much more than FBI/immigration, just to unlock your account for even a $10 dispute.

3) We can therefore make you upgrade your normal account to premium/business account, by asking for your CC number and bank account, so that we can now take your hard earn cash out and give it to scammers.

4) We basically can do WHATEVER we want, HA HA HA.
rolleyes.gif

When you use paypal you MUST:
1) Take the $$ out of your account IMMEDIATELY after the cash has been transferred.

2) Assume that sh1t will happen to you anytime, anyday, and be prepared for it.

3) Do not give paypal your social insurance number. Sometimes they will ask for it.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do not need any signature, do not scare him, just send them the documents or copy of them and you will be done, USPS is perfectly fine with them indeed it is one of the methods they suggest while you get the payment for goods, UPS and USPS there is no other associated with them...Show them also that you got feedback which he can not withdraw now, as it is posted on ebay and period, I do not see how he could win honestly...Also you can given them a call...

You should really do some research before posting:

"11.3 Qualification Requirements. In order to qualify for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You must have a Verified Business or Verified Premier Account at the time of the transaction,
2. The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller,
3. The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page,
4. You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase,
5. You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal,
6. You must ship the purchased item to the address listed on the “Transaction Details” page, and that address must be identified as a Confirmed Address,
7. You must ship the item to the buyer within 7 Days of receiving payment,
8. You must have trackable online proof of delivery from an approved shipper to the address on the “Transaction Details” page. For transactions involving $250.00 USD or more, you must provide a proof of receipt that was signed or otherwise acknowledged by the buyer and can be viewed online, (If you paid in a currency other than US dollars, the following amounts apply for this section: $325.00 CAD, €200.00 EUR, £150.00 GBP, ¥28000.00 JPY, $350.00 AUD, 330.00 CHF, 1,600.00 NOK, 2,000.00 SEK, 1,500.00 DKK, 800.00 PLN, 55000.00 HUF, 6,000.00 CZK, $400.00 SGD, $2,000.00 HKD, $380.00 NZD), and
9. You must respond to PayPal’s requests for information within the time period PayPal specifies.

Please note that in order to qualify for our Seller Protection Policy you must ship the item as required in this section. If you hand deliver an item, or provide delivery in any manner other than required in this section, your transaction will not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy."

Jul 23, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #51 of 54
It really is a nuisance, considering how many sellers use paypal. My bank account is not associated with paypal because a "verified" status just doesn't seem worth the risk. Paypal could try to debit my credit card without my approval, but my cc company wouldn't roll over and allow that to happen if I disputed it. Good luck to the OP, I would try the BBB and local authorities for the fraud that has occurred in your case.

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #52 of 54
So much for that. I went to the post office to see what they could do. I asked them about the signature for $200+ insured item, the postman agreed but don't know how to get it. He got me in touch with the postal inspectors, which gave me a website link to file the reports, but all of them assume you as the role of the item recipients. Then I called up the several police places in the town where the guy located, and they say they can't handle it, and that I have to call my own city police, who say they can't handle it since it's a non-criminal issue.

I wish I read the protection requirements before that Aurora just posted, I guess the guy really knew it and play through them.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #54 of 54
Ebay owns paypal,switch to Bidpay for selling.
Keep paypal for purchases only,they always favor the buyer.
If you sell always request a signature and keep the tracking log
and signature proof.No signature=SOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back