help about paypal dispute case against me
Jul 20, 2007 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
sold some guy a video card for ~$500 on ebay, the tracking number said delivered, at his house, and he gave me a positive feedback. he had perfect feedback.

now he file a suit saying i never gave him the tracking number and where is the items. basicly the guy is lying. and i guess he does this as a scheme to scam me.

it's not a very complicated situation and i have the insurance and tracking proof. this is the first time i ever done this on paypal, so i don't know if paypal will be on my side. i thought of just escalating it for paypal to decide.

so after escalating, will i have more chances to provide the paypal officials more informations and proofs?

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 54
UGH. I have to say that I'm paranoid about selling stuff for exactly this reason.
frown.gif

Good luck. (Sorry, no advice)

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 54
Yeah, that puts you out of luck for the Paypal sellers protection program, they require signature confirmation. Basically they'll contact you to get your side of the story, be prepared to provide copies of everything involved with the sale and shipping.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but without their sellers protection coverage they almost always side with the buyer. I wish you luck with this one.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but without their sellers protection coverage they almost always side with the buyer. I wish you luck with this one.

What? So if I don't sell exactly as they say, then if the seller complains they give him his money back?

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? So if I don't sell exactly as they say, then if the seller complains they give him his money back?

Paypal is notoriously bad about seller protection.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paypal is notoriously bad about seller protection.

But I'm not looking for "protection". I'm looking not to have my money taken away when I'm doing perfectly fine on my own.
biggrin.gif

Shouldn't it be "buyer protection"???

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I'm not looking for "protection". I'm looking not to have my money taken away when I'm doing perfectly fine on my own.
biggrin.gif

Shouldn't it be "buyer protection"???

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

This site is really one-sided, so take it with a grain of salt, but read some of the stories. I've had friends get burned. Best one was when my friend's paypal account, with hundreds of dollars in it, was "locked" for two years with no explanation given whatsoever. Appealed several times but all they got were really generic emails saying the decision was upheld. Eventually, after two years, someone from paypal told them a guy about three apartment buildings over had the same last name and used a bad credit card, so all the people in the area with that last name got their accounts locked.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #15 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't leave money in your paypal account.

yup, good advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have my cc and bank account associate with it. so they would draw from it.

You sure about that? My understanding is that PayPal cannot withdraw money outside of the PayPal account without your authorization. Gonna go have to confirm this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back