Hello, newbie seeking answers!
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #61 of 77
Yes with an iPod Touch you get to do more than just playing music. I use this app 'Cleartune' for tuning my musical instruments. A chromatic tuner cost more than a hundred dollars, this app is only a few bucks! Also, do you play games? Music games like Groove Zero will rock on a good headphone!

Oh and don't forget this app 'Awareness!', it lets you hear your environment with your headphone. I use this in the office so I can still hear the phone rings when using the Shure 535 which is a REAL noise isolating IEM.

Edit: Besides music I frequently play Bi-aural brainwave frequency using my headphone too, 'Brain Wave' and 'Sleepstream 2' app are my favourite! It does helps me to relax/focus, a good neural headphone is probably best for these apps so it won't affect the frequencies. There are lots of free hypnosis audio apps if you're into these things.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #62 of 77
Yes with an iPod Touch you get to do more than just playing music. I use this app 'Cleartune' for tuning my musical instruments. A chromatic tuner cost more than a hundred dollars, this app is only a few bucks! Also, do you play games? Music games like Groove Zero will rock on a good headphone!

Oh and don't forget this app 'Awareness!', it lets you hear your environment with your headphone. I use this in the office so I can still hear the phone rings when using the Shure 535 which is a REAL noise isolating IEM.

Edit: Besides music I frequently play Bi-aural brainwave frequency using my headphone too, 'Brain Wave' and 'Sleepstream 2' app are my favourite! It does helps me to relax/focus, a good neural headphone is probably best for these apps so it won't affect the frequencies. There are lots of free hypnosis audio apps if you're into these things.

Is your SE535 attached to a mic? I think the way "Awareness!" Work is by keeping the microphone on and transport the sound that the microphone received to your speaker so that you can hear what's going on around you. Is it how it works? XD will be interested if there's ah other ways it works

Billson :D

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #63 of 77
Is your SE535 attached to a mic? I think the way "Awareness!" Work is by keeping the microphone on and transport the sound that the microphone received to your speaker so that you can hear what's going on around you. Is it how it works? XD will be interested if there's ah other ways it works

Billson
biggrin.gif

I bought an iPod/iPhone compatible cable from Shure with mic on the cable (Can use that for answering phone call). It can also use the mic on your iPod Touch 4/5.

What it does is to amplify the environment sound (can be VERY loud, so be careful of your setting) so you can hear it while listening to music. If for example, in the office when the phone rings, the app will automatically boost the mic's dB several level up and lower your music's volume so you can hear the phone. When the environment is silent, it auto turns itself off. So basically, it is running in the background detecting noise level, when it hears something louder than average it turns on. The detection level can be customized.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #64 of 77
I bought an iPod/iPhone compatible cable from Shure with mic on the cable (Can use that for answering phone call). It can also use the mic on your iPod Touch 4/5.

What it does is to amplify the environment sound (can be VERY loud, so be careful of your setting) so you can hear it while listening to music. If for example, in the office when the phone rings, the app will automatically boost the mic's dB several level up and lower your music's volume so you can hear the phone. When the environment is silent, it auto turns itself off. So basically, it is running in the background detecting noise level, when it hears something louder than average it turns on. The detection level can be customized.

Thanks for the explaining!

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #65 of 77
If I were you, I'll go for X3 xD iTouch is just... Too limited. Limited storage. Limited file format. Limit accessibility. XD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Am leaning that way as well but need to at least hear this $0.99 app first.  In the meantime, will probably pull the trigger on an entry level tube amp.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #66 of 77

Oh...are you talking about the Awareness! app? You probably already know that there are two variants, one is the original paid app, while the other is a free app designed to be used with Etymotic earphones. I use the free one, of course. Which do you use?

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #67 of 77
Am leaning that way as well but need to at least hear this $0.99 app first.  In the meantime, will probably pull the trigger on an entry level tube amp.

Just wandering as I have not at all any experience with tube amp... Which company offer the lowest price?

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #68 of 77
Just wandering as I have not at all any experience with tube amp... Which company offer the lowest price?

There are several on Amazon for $70 to $120...Bravo, Little Dot, Qinpu, DIY amps, etc.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #70 of 77

I am curious about the tube amplifier, I was looking at the Little Dot MK III amp's photos, it looks so cool in the dark!

I have been using the Audyssey app for the last few days, I am loving it more and more. It is not an EQed sound, they use some type of oversampling that makes mp3 sounds really high definition, it is so smooth that it feels like liquid, especially vocal and strings. It's got this warm buttery smooth sound that makes me think if tube amp sounds like this as well? I will buy the MK III if this is what tube amp sounds like.

Oh...are you talking about the Awareness! app? You probably already know that there are two variants, one is the original paid app, while the other is a free app designed to be used with Etymotic earphones. I use the free one, of course. Which do you use?

I use the paid version. I don't like Etymotic IEM, they are noise isolating but no bass at all.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #71 of 77

There are several on Amazon for $70 to $120...Bravo, Little Dot, Qinpu, DIY amps, etc.

The DIY Millets are great, I recommend buying those form fellow Head Fi members, the Little Dot 1+ is another good option and lastly Indeed G3 is your best bet in it's design [there are like 4 companys that sell essitanally the same Tube Amp, just Indeed has the Best quality of the 4] 

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #72 of 77

I am curious about the tube amplifier, I was looking at the Little Dot MK III amp's photos, it looks so cool in the dark!

I have been using the Audyssey app for the last few days, I am loving it more and more. It is not an EQed sound, they use some type of oversampling that makes mp3 sounds really high definition, it is so smooth that it feels like liquid, especially vocal and strings. It's got this warm buttery smooth sound that makes me think if tube amp sounds like this as well? I will buy the MK III if this is what tube amp sounds like.

I use the paid version. I don't like Etymotic IEM, they are noise isolating but no bass at all.

Umm...if you didn't know, the free Awareness! app doesn't need to be used with Etymotics. It works with my ControlTalk mic and my Touch4's mic just fine on all of my headphones. So basically, you just wasted 7 dollars. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #73 of 77

Umm...if you didn't know, the free Awareness! app doesn't need to be used with Etymotics. It works with my ControlTalk mic and my Touch4's mic just fine on all of my headphones. So basically, you just wasted 7 dollars. 
biggrin.gif

The Pro version of Etymotic Awareness! is $15, you are using the lite version thats why it is free.

It won't work properly with your headphones. You are better off getting their original app, I mean it's only $7 and it is constantly updated. The Etymotic version haven't been updated since last year.

Read their description carefully:

It is the ‘lite’ version of our advanced PRO-audio mobile app, which is specifically tuned to match the sensitivity and microphone of Etymotic hf3, mc3 and ETY•Kids headsets.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back