Hello everyone! I am from Shanghai China
Feb 8, 2002 at 1:22 PM Post #31 of 47
Originally posted by Peddler
Hi! I am from Grimsby in England (if the world had piles, that's where they would be!).

HO HO HO,,,,,dissing your home town,
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Is there any programs out there that we can use to translate the funky characters (chinese
smily_headphones1.gif
) to english?

Um, yeah, sort of...
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
http://www.china-guide.com/alexander.html

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 8, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by uvak

BTW, I have been to Fona2000. It has 3 levels, right?

That, is, correct.
- And the top floor has alot of cd's!

You should also try to find the M&M's-shop. It is a dedicated cd-heaven and has twice the amount of fona2000. Problem is, I haven't seen it for awhile so perhaps it is gone........

Happy trip to Copenhagen!
- Kristian

Feb 8, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #34 of 47
I believe M&M in Denmark was bought out...
frown.gif

I HATE Fona... overpriced and ignorant...

I will second the recommendation of Hifi-klubben, I love that place
smily_headphones1.gif
it's where I bought my stereo 4-5 years ago... very nice place with great service and a great atmosphere..

Feb 8, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #35 of 47
yes, the personel at fona stinks and ýes, it is overpriced... not cd's though.

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik
I believe M&M in Denmark was bought out...
frown.gif

I HATE Fona... overpriced and ignorant...

I will second the recommendation of Hifi-klubben, I love that place
smily_headphones1.gif
it's where I bought my stereo 4-5 years ago... very nice place with great service and a great atmosphere..

Mumrik and Flasken,

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate them.

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #38 of 47
Uvak, if you're interested, I believe Hifi-Klubben has a pair of B&W Nautilus speakers
smily_headphones1.gif
though they might have accidently destroyed them a couple of years ago, I don't quite remember...
confused.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik
Uvak, if you're interested, I believe Hifi-Klubben has a pair of B&W Nautilus speakers
smily_headphones1.gif
though they might have accidently destroyed them a couple of years ago, I don't quite remember...
confused.gif

Hey, how do u know that I am keen on the Nautilus series? Though I am keen, I doubt my CARY would be able to drive them properly. I am actually looking at either JM LAB Micro-Utopia or Avantgarde Uno.

Any idea where I can find used ones? Thanks again.

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
I bet they have access to some stuff that we don't really have. It will be fun to share some information.

I completely agree. You're talking access to the already big Japanese hi-fi market (lots of stuff gets first view in Hong Kong) but also the Chinese DIY hi-fi market is Burgeoning. Whereas before head-fi only had a few 'in-the-know' users with the inside details on the latest gorgeous thing, now we're getting people who may be a little unclear initially, but completely AS enthusiastic as we are about the things that we love.

That is called CONNECTING!

And face it, most of their posts are short frank pieces of information that is usually mind-jolting (or perhaps more often confusing) to our point of view. So mind-jolting that many of their posts are usually followed by an incredulent "Proof please?". I enjoyed the posts on the Only-Defective-In-China D-ej1000. I remember a similar post on almost nationally defective D-Ej01s in UK. One was a short and curt warning; the other was a lament. One was questioned; the other absent-mindedly sympathized with. But essentially the two very different but similar posts amounted to at least a heightened consideration of durability of Sony players purchased in those regions.

Furthermore, I didn't actually read the thread (but will do so soon) titled something like "does everyone here like sennheiser, grado and akg?". But basically, there is a sense of 'been there, done that'. how many times have you read a newbie's post shaking his fist in the air proclaiming "damn you you made me poorer/destitute/mortgaging my last pair of underwears by recommending all these great stuff." We need our minds jolted damnit. We need to question but also remember to listen. And we need translators damnit (that doesn't cost as much as the ER-4Ps plus shipping.)

So I say hail, hallelujah to new blood and the now improved globalized impoverishment of headfiers.

And BTW, why would anyone from say, a country called Here, greet a Herean, by saying "Hello, I am from Here." ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by uvak

Hey, how do u know that I am keen on the Nautilus series? Though I am keen, I doubt my CARY would be able to drive them properly. I am actually looking at either JM LAB Micro-Utopia or Avantgarde Uno.

Any idea where I can find used ones? Thanks again.

I didn't know you were keen on those, I just remembered reading in one of their magazines (from a couple of years back) that they had a pair in the shop on Åboulevarden 56-58 in Copenhagen (they encouraged people to stop by and listen). Then later a friend of mine who worked there for a short time told me that they had accidently damaged them, so I don't know if they still have the Nautilus there. If you want to demo them, perhaps you should send them an email...

I don't think I can help you with those other speakers, I wouldn't really know where to look... sorry

Edit: forgot to mention; you can also demo the TACT Millennium mkII amp there if you're interested...
and the Dali Megaline speakers (you'd have to check with them to find out which store they are in at the moment)

Feb 8, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #42 of 47
Uvak, you have quite the set-up there! Many items that I have been looking forward to owning at some time in the future.

What tubes are you using in the Cary? The standard 300B tubes output 15 Watts/channel, but the KR LX20 tubes will give you 20 Watts/channel. I don't know if that would be enough for the Nautilus (why don't I look up their efficiency? lazy
wink.gif
), but perhaps if you're lucky it would be enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Uvak, you have quite the set-up there! Many items that I have been looking forward to owning at some time in the future.

What tubes are you using in the Cary? The standard 300B tubes output 15 Watts/channel, but the KR LX20 tubes will give you 20 Watts/channel. I don't know if that would be enough for the Nautilus (why don't I look up their efficiency? lazy
wink.gif
), but perhaps if you're lucky it would be enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine is the small but mighty 11W version. I am using the WE 300B tubes.

I doubt it can drive them properly. But again, you never really know until you give it a try. Right ?

Feb 8, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Power Handling
100W - 500W into 8 ohms one amplifier channel is required for each drive unit. Electronic crossover supplied with speaker.
Amplifier One channel per drive unit 100 - 500 W into 8 ohms supplied with electronic crossover

from here, I guess i'm not as lazy as DanG
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back