Heed CanAmp
Apr 20, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #1,666 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@.@" I wonder do you stop watching Michael Jackson performing his moonwalk when you know he's a weirdo? :p

morph201 is just kiddin'
rs1smile.gif
he is lot of fun, don't take it seriously
blink.gif

it is good to know that people do not feel themselves intimidated and are not afraid to express their joy about getting new toy or do not feel themselves obliged to look for some mishaps or something...
Congratulatios, enjoy yourself
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #1,668 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my CanAmp today as well. Quick out-of-the-box impressions:

- ...The vocals come out of void in some recordings instead of stage...

strange, it sounds like you're not sure if you like it but many think that this kind of phenomenae can occur only in tube amps and are sure this can't happen in SS...
blink.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #1,669 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gasso, please do not let your first 30 minutes, or first 30 hours color your vision of the Heed. It evolves!

I know, hence my last sentence.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #1,671 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! This is my first post on this forum. I have a RSA Tomahawk, an imod, jumbo cryo mini to mini, Grado SR225 and Beyerdynamic DT831. Will the Heed CanAmp be a lot more better than the Tomahawk? I am also thinking of buying Beyerdynamic DT990(newest edition).

i love 990 '05 / Heed combo
basshead.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #1,672 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! This is my first post on this forum. I have a RSA Tomahawk, an imod, jumbo cryo mini to mini, Grado SR225 and Beyerdynamic DT831. Will the Heed CanAmp be a lot more better than the Tomahawk? I am also thinking of buying Beyerdynamic DT990(newest edition).

Yes the Heed will sound better. However you should not compare a portable with a home amp. IMO the portables are generally speaking at a disadvantage due to size limitations.

The 2005 Beyer DT990 is a fantastic can, great bass, clarity, and good extended highs.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #1,673 of 2,784
Thank you for your reply mrarroyo! I have already been in contact with Alpar, and I can have one in 2 weeks. So in a few days I will order one. This is a very good thread and I spent quite some time reading it through.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #1,676 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbird Audio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got word that CanAmps are clearing U.S. customs! These will be available to ship by next Friday!
Oh, wink, wink, I will have a few extras available too.

01snoopy.gif

Oh yeah? You gonna have any in Santee someone lucky enough to live in San Diego can come check out?

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #1,677 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah? You gonna have any in Santee someone lucky enough to live in San Diego can come check out?

yeah, I think so. email or PM me and we'll work out the details.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #1,679 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey Dan, are you keeping one CanAmp for yourself this time? I think you really deserve to own one!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm hoping to but they have been in such short supply, I will make them all available to customers first.
If I do have any to spare, YES! Absolutely, I will try to hang on to one for myself (store demo).
cool.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #1,680 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbird Audio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got word that CanAmps are clearing U.S. customs! These will be available to ship by next Friday!
Oh, wink, wink, I will have a few extras available too.

01snoopy.gif

I was wondering why I never heard from another retailer, just curious if you would be in the same price range? You could PM me with more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back