Heed CanAmp
Apr 13, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #1,516 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use my Zhaolu with the heed and k701, i find that the sound of the DAC-AH is too thick for this pairing, not that the K701 is overly warm, just very revealing, the DAC-AH is a very smooth and relaxed chillout DAC and I feel the canamp leans that way too

i save the DAC-AH for my Lambda Pros
evil_smiley.gif

I was planning on Lite DAC-Ah > Heed CanAmp > HD580 ( most likely HD650 later )

Do you think that would be a good combo or too chill?

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #1,517 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning on Lite DAC-Ah > Heed CanAmp > HD580 ( most likely HD650 later )

Do you think that would be a good combo or too chill?

i have the HD580, and in that combo. for my tastes it's too laid back i'd fall asleep very quickly

this may be a good thing or if your ears don't like treble then yeah, but to me i'd find this combination to be a warm source, warmish amp and warm headphones to be tooo warm, but it definitely is not HOT (hot's a good thing)!

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #1,518 of 2,784
to be fair, the canamp does provide decent juice into the HD580s and unlocking their higher frequencies, moreso than any other amp but the sound sig of the phone will essentially be sennheiser

curious amp this canamp, at first seems like it imposes its own sound sig and but then unleashes different things depending on the headphone

must be another "synergy" thing

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #1,519 of 2,784
It is my assessment that the Heed's strongest suit is bringing out the absolute potential of any given headphone. You are right: it does not color the headphone with its own
signature, it unlocks the signature of the headphone. That is a good amp in my opinion.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #1,523 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
Alpar sent out my CanAmp yesterday! Glad to know that my waiting days are finally over! Woohoo!!

Be sure to post your impressions after the burn in!
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #1,526 of 2,784
What are the new Heed owners using as a burn in benchmark
(in hours)? Back in the days before the flood, I was told 100 hours which I found woefully short. I found 200 to be where any salient changes were indistinguishable.

Apr 13, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #1,527 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the new Heed owners using as a burn in benchmark
(in hours)? Back in the days before the flood, I was told 100 hours which I found woefully short. I found 200 to be where any salient changes were indistinguishable.

most probably i'll give mine a 200-hour treatment
wink.gif
So anxious now!
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #1,528 of 2,784
I just ordered a CanAmp through Blue Moon Audio, and now I forgot the persons name, but I was curious, has anyone ordered from them?
And what cables does anyone recommend for a computer hook up?

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #1,529 of 2,784
input to the Heed is 2 rca minis. if you are running out of a soundcard a mini to 2/rca is standard fare and is available from cheap (radioshack/belkin) all the way up to ALO with
Turbo in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back