Heed CanAmp
Jan 29, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #826 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I believe that either configuration would be possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank U very much for help. leener
cool.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #827 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing. Please let us all know when your $300 masterpiece is available on the market and we'll all buy one.

btw all, a Melos SHA-Gold is entertaining offers starting at a ridiculously low $350 in the sale forums right now, which is a KILLER bargain! That said, I heard the Heed at our minimeet this month and it is indeed a legit amp. Seems to do better with Senns than Grados, as its solid state nature really cuts through that veil, hehe. If I had 300 bucks and wanted a home amp, and it was this or the Grado RA-1, I'd give it serious consideration, depending on the headphone I wanted to use.

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #828 of 2,784
The signs that an amp is actually a very good one is their absence from the amps for sale forum.... many "flavour of the month" amps turn up in great quantity in the for sale forum when people realise they've bought into a lemon.

I wonder how many HEED Canamps appear in the for sale forum?

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #829 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shpongle_Dongle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The signs that an amp is actually a very good one is their absence from the amps for sale forum.... many "flavour of the month" amps turn up in great quantity in the for sale forum when people realise they've bought into a lemon.

I truly belief items are sold more to try something new than because it was a lemon. For example currently there are 3 awesome amps in the for sale forum that everyone who has heard them is impressed by. These 3 amps are: SR71, HD25, and Mehlos Gold.

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #830 of 2,784
Someone please convince me not to forsake Heed and buy another amp. I ordered my AKG 701s and Heed CanAmp in December. I've had the AKGs for almost 2 months, but I'm told I have to wait till mid-March now for the CanAmp.

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #831 of 2,784
Quote:

Only a few. Part of that may be due to the amp being in the hands of only a few head-fiers from what I can see.

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #832 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I truly belief items are sold more to try something new than because it was a lemon. For example currently there are 3 awesome amps in the for sale forum that everyone who has heard them is impressed by. These 3 amps are: SR71, HD25, and Mehlos Gold.

Yes I agree but if you buy and you really like then why bother selling 2 weeks later? Quite a few people buy on the strength of the bandwagon, find it's not all it was cracked up to be and sell on within days of receiving.... the really really genuinely good "flavours of the month" are seldom seen in the for sale forums days after they've been purchased.... just my two cents / observation.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #833 of 2,784
Quote:

Yes I agree but if you buy and you really like then why bother selling 2 weeks later? Quite a few people buy on the strength of the bandwagon, find it's not all it was cracked up to be and sell on within days of receiving.... the really really genuinely good "flavours of the month" are seldom seen in the for sale forums days after they've been purchased.... just my two cents / observation.

I think you've overvalued your naive observation by about 3 cents ;-}

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #834 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubzilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone please convince me not to forsake Heed and buy another amp. I ordered my AKG 701s and Heed CanAmp in December. I've had the AKGs for almost 2 months, but I'm told I have to wait till mid-March now for the CanAmp.

yeah, This is the only thing I see bad about buying the Heed CanAmp there is a very long wait there saying until March.....due to high demand.

btw is anyone bringing the Heed CanAmp to the San Jose Meet? It'd be cool to test it out there If I end up going.

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #840 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dex, congratulations and may it be a long and involving relationship!

Thanks, Wayne!
cool.gif

I'm nearing the end of the first CD, Saint Etienne's Tales From Turnpike House and I'm already amazed by the improvement wrought just over the course of that single disc, so I can hardly wait for what the next 100 hours have in store!

Onto The Jarvis C*cker Record. We saw the Pulp front-man live in Brussels last week and the Heed just transports me right back to the venue...
280smile.gif

...And this is just the CanAmp using my CD Walkman as source. Can't wait to hear it in the big system.
wink.gif

Will report back soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back