Heed CanAmp
Dec 4, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #571 of 2,784
Wow those look great. I was gonna order from digikey but I'll wait until you post your final tweaks before I make my order. Thanks for being so brave Pinkfloyd
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #572 of 2,784
That is amazing Mike @ that cost...

Tell me, did you add the etra black fins to the alu. heat sinks, or did Heed change that?

I think a plane ticket for Mikes American (working) Vacation, Heed owners meet is begining to look like a real possibility! I know, I know, I impose and suppose much to much ;-}

Dec 5, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #573 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is amazing Mike @ that cost...

Would probably equate / escalate to 20 times that cost (at least) with added BS / boutique cut on top.

Quote:

Tell me, did you add the etra black fins to the alu. heat sinks, or did Heed change that?

I added the supplementary sinking. Cost was about 17 pence per sink (30 cents) Just makes the BD139 / BD140 pair run that bit cooler. I know I may be making this sound easy, what with having all the bits and bobs at my disposal , but it is easy.... there's an extra hole on the heatsinks, just bolt another one on.... easy peasy.

Quote:

I think a plane ticket for Mikes American (working) Vacation, Heed owners meet is begining to look like a real possibility! I know, I know, I impose and suppose much to much ;-}

I don't do flying and don't have the time to sail.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #575 of 2,784
i'm part of "phase two" of the original order and i've been doing pretty well for the past five or six weeks. but lately i'm getting a real itch to wrap my ears around this amp. particularly with this being my first "real" amp. i've even been avoiding reading this thread lately but having just spent the past 30 minutes or so catching up i'm getting so excited i'm not sure what to do with myself. i feel like a little kid again waiting for santa to bring me some He-Man toys. ha!
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #576 of 2,784
Any advice for us soldering newbies looking to improve our Canamps under the guidance of Jedi Master Floyd? There's gotta be a guide or something somewhere around here, but I honestly can't find one. I'm nervously looking forward to doing it, like my first piano recital in first grade.
wink.gif

More pics of the flight attendants, also. Only without those pesky clothes.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #577 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any advice for us soldering newbies looking to improve our Canamps under the guidance of Jedi Master Floyd? There's gotta be a guide or something somewhere around here, but I honestly can't find one. I'm nervously looking forward to doing it, like my first piano recital in first grade.
wink.gif

More pics of the flight attendants, also. Only without those pesky clothes.

I was in the same boat til I checked out Tangent's very very helpful videos.

http://tangentsoft.net/elec/movies/

I would skip the first one, as he basically just summarizes what he writes here:

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/new-diyer.html

and it's the longest, and nothing really goes on. the second one is the one that actually teaches you how to solder. the third one is for soldering SMD components, something we Heed modders wont' have to do.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #578 of 2,784
^ Ummm... I'll take curtain #1 Bob, in front of which the lovingly vivacious youthful Carrol Merril is now standing, with hopefully a fully modded Heed CanAmp behind her ;-}
(referance to the cheesy "price is Right" 70s gameshow)

Thanx daggerlee for the linky work ;-}

Dec 5, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #579 of 2,784
Quote:

^ Ummm... I'll take curtain #1 Bob, in front of which the lovingly vivacious youthful Carrol Merril is now standing, with hopefully a fully modded Heed CanAmp behind her ;-}
(referance to the cheesy "price is Right" 70s gameshow)

You've cross-referenced your cheesy 70s game shows. Carol Merrill was the omni-present curtain-dragger / box-pusher on "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall!
26.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #583 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by GASTAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PF: any idea where can I orders your caps and diodes in continental Europe ? best in Germany ?

thx

Hi GASTAN,

These Pansonics are probably an even better bet and you can get them at schuro.de You'll get the UF4002 or UF4007 there too. I wish they sold those Panasonics in the UK
frown.gif

TS-HA_1.jpg

3.13 Euros each Part number: 852661

You'll also get your ELNA Cerafine 100uF or ELNA Silmic 100uF over there. 25V is perfectly good.

Spec sheet for the Panasonic TS-HA series here

Dec 6, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #585 of 2,784
Just got a note from Tony at needles and Spins that the shipment expected into the UK on Friday never appeared - so the wait continues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back