Heed CanAmp
Apr 30, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #1,831 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy. I'm using my PC as source, and I never off my computer. Fb2k runs in the background whenever my PC is on and my K701 is connected to the amp. The K701 will be disconnected whenever my girlfriend wants to watch movies on my PC as we use our speakers for movies.

So everyday at 12pm i'll just add [24H - movie time] to the total burn-in time. And NO, i don't keep a logbook or a clock
icon10.gif

Thats impressive, you've kept your computer on for nearly 80 days?

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #1,832 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkestred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats impressive, you've kept your computer on for nearly 80 days?

I bought my K701 on January 23rd, 2007. If it was burnt-in for 24/7 it would be 2300+ hours (97 days) by now instead of 1650 hours. I do off my computer, especially when i'm outstation or enjoying a long holiday. By the way, i'm still anticipating for the "magical 2000 hour mark" lolz!

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #1,834 of 2,784
After 2000 hours of burn-in the k701s turn into k801s. Haha, just kidding, sorry to interupt, couldn't help myself. After formatting my computer I lost my playback log time on Foobar2000, sob sob..Well, doesn't matter, as long as the headphones keep getting better I'm not complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks yrh0413 for the cable recommendation, I will check to see if they have it in my local audio shops.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #1,835 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2000 hr mark? LOL, what's supposed to happen?

The Ancients say
"when a K701 hits the 2000 hour mark
the sun will rise from the west,
donkeys will jump over the moon,
chickens will fly in a formation,
and the air will be polluted with fairy dust..."
Lolz, gotcha!
600smile.gif
I read a review saying that the K701 will sound different at the 1000 and 2000 hour mark. Bah! I'm pretty sure mine will still sound the same, like what happened at the 1000 hour...

Unless i woke up in the middle of the night and heard "Hee-Haaww Hee-Haaww" above me.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #1,838 of 2,784
Well i only have a pair of headphones with me (the K701), and i listen to it almost 15 hours everyday. I can easily tell the improvements of the K701 after 24 hours compared to a fresh-out-of-the-box K701. I guess my ears got used to the K701 sound already.

As for the soundstage, i do notice it went narrower around 300~500 hour mark. Then it expands back to normal ever since. 1000 hours, 1500 hours, all sounds the same, or similar to me. But now my K701 is tastier with the CanAmp, that's for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #1,839 of 2,784
The Ancients say
"when a K701 hits the 2000 hour mark
the sun will rise from the west,
donkeys will jump over the moon,
chickens will fly in a formation,
and the air will be polluted with fairy dust..."

I think Wayne only impied this when driven by the Heed CanAmp...I keed Wayne, I keed, I keed
wink.gif

However, I'll add this new bit of startling revelation with my CanAmp / k701s pairing , is their MASSIVE scaling up of presentation realized with the addition of my new source, the MHDT NOS DAC....

Room - wide , 3 dimentional soundstaging as well as deeper and textured highly articulated lower frequencys; As well as equally greater resolution across all the frequency ranges. Vs my Sony ce595 SACD player and more so even against my SB3 alalogue outs the latter case was to be expected perhaps , however no sloutch in its own right in terms of dynamics to its presentation ... However, I am truely amazed at what it is I am hearing now all things being otherwise equal other than the DAC...

Point being, the Heed CanAmp does in fact scale up terrifically well and IS not the bottleneck in most systems until the hyper high end of investment in sources are entertained perhaps.

There is hidden potential to be realized with the k701s as well as the CanAmp and especially their pairing in a system . Their source is where to look to invest in a balanced system maximising the potential of this wonderful pairing IME
wink.gif

/Returns to the pleasing punishment of burn-in endurance
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #1,840 of 2,784
sounds expensive lol

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #1,841 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds expensive lol

Retail -

SB3 versitility & preformance w lossless files, on screen interface low jitter fixed b/rate digital outs, remote @ usd249

MHDT NOS DAC @ usd350

Satisfaction of peak musical experiences and potential of other components realized - PRICELESS

wink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #1,842 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Retail -

SB3 versitility & preformance w lossless files, on screen interface low jitter fixed b/rate digital outs, remote @ usd249

MHDT NOS DAC @ usd350

Satisfaction of peak musical experiences and potential of other components realized - PRICELESS

wink.gif

Hi Hi

Which MHDT DAC did you get? I'm using a Constantine at the moment. It has a very different sound from my Zhao D2, which has sparkling highs and a more pronounced gutsy bass. What were you using before?

standard.jpg

btw, what is I Keed? I looked it up on the internet and it said:

1. One of serveral trademark sayings of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog as seen on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"

2. A song / music video by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

Why did Michael Jackson get food poisoning?...Cause he ate a nine year old wiener! I KEED..I KEED

Is this what you're referring to?
confused.gif

USG

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #1,843 of 2,784
Whats up, up

So, you did all that research on the internet on the trivial and didn't look into my profile to find out which DAC I'm using?

Ask Jude why he writes, "I keed, I keed", although I believe it's phonetically obvious in line with being humorous ...

Zhao D2... Upgraded or are you running it stock? Didn't they have problems with that piece? Glad you like it. Why did you buy the MHDT?

What was I using as source before the DAC was added you ask? Again both my sig. and profile has the answer. But I'll spoon feed it to you. Sources Sony ce595 & SB3 , never used another outboard DAC before this MHDT.

Yep, I'm aware a great many DACs are known to be aggressive with sharper edges and perhaps further extended highs especially in this price range well suited to the HD-650 perhaps. More grunt in the bass you say... Well that's great for you then, I suppose with the 880s, isn't the Dac Ah a better match there for you especially controling their high freq .

My goal was to achieve higher resolution and realistic presentation of cymbals as well as lower bass articulation all while keeping the presentation nonfatiguing . True to these goals and from what I researched the MHDT achieves all this while truely sounding more like an analogue source than a digitized one. Your preferance asside, would you agree?

BTW, you don't have a Heed or k701s...You just stoping in to take issue with syntax & discuss DACs preformance with different headphones you use, or are you looking to stretch your amp inventory for some reason?

wink.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #1,844 of 2,784
Total new guy here but I've read about a squillion pages about this amp, I'm in the UK, where can I actually get one? (rather then ringing named dealers and getting the 'what?' or 'you've got to be joking, how about X?' which is all I have got so far)
tongue.gif
Mail order would be good too, as I'm a lazy so and so and cant be bothered to drive a couple of hundred miles...

Cans would be AKG K340's
580smile.gif

Either that or I buy a Rega...

Best
Graham

Apr 30, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #1,845 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallen dragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Total new guy here but I've read about a squillion pages about this amp, I'm in the UK, where can I actually get one? (rather then ringing named dealers and getting the 'what?' or 'you've got to be joking, how about X?' which is all I have got so far)
tongue.gif
Mail order would be good too, as I'm a lazy so and so and cant be bothered to drive a couple of hundred miles...

Cans would be AKG K340's
580smile.gif

Either that or I buy a Rega...

Best
Graham

Rega!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back