HEDDphone - Now Available for Pre-Order
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #18 of 114
Way too expensive, way too heavy. Pass.

Been through too many expensive and heavy headphones, sold them all in the end, after modding, pad replacements, extra headband padding. The discomfort issues just aren't worth it for longer listening sessions. YMMV, naturally.

yeah I do get what your saying, in a near future we won’t have to worry about weight any longer once implant companies will deliver audio implants to the market with audiophile quality. I’d steer away from the cheap low fi implants.

upload_2020-1-4_7-26-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-4_7-26-42.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-4_7-26-42.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #19 of 114
If they’ve got the headband done right (and the video indicates to me that they have, given how much time they spent on just that) I think the weight will be fine for those who don’t have a knee-jerk response to seeing the dreaded figure.
My HE-6 has never bothered me, although I think it is lighter, but my Monoprice M1570 is over 700g and it’s very wide and padded headband completely mitigates it’s weight. Again, for me. For others it may still fail ultimately to make them comfortable.
The size and distribution of said weight combined is another thing to consider. With my M1570 if I leaned forwards or backwards it would slide off my head as those pads are massive. But again, when I’m listening I have absolutely no reason to lean far forwards or backwards, so .....
I’ve been listening every night to my M1070 and 1570 for weeks now and have not encountered a single issue, so I am hopeful that these headphones will also be fine for a good few folks. Maybe with small heads it will be entirely different, I don’t know.
It will be good to soon start getting feedback from the first owners.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 114
718 gr, really? :frowning2:

Yes, an incredible 17g lighter than the LCD-4! :) Actually, I am pretty impressed by the overall combination of features and price. The AMT has always been a beguiling transducer, and a full-range one for the head, well, that's pretty intriguing. Too intriguing to pass up. Pre-ordered.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 114
I'd love to hear how it sounds, but 700g is too much for me. If the sound competes with current flagships, the price is actually more than acceptable. I don't like the look though. Plastic DIY PM1 on steroids?
I also don't get why the mini XLR connectors are not angled. That is a major design fault IMO.
Looking forward to the first sound impressions even though I know it is not for me due to the weight. I couldn't live with LCD4 either even though I like the sound.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #24 of 114
I'd love to hear how it sounds, but 700g is too much for me. If the sound competes with current flagships, the price is actually more than acceptable. I don't like the look though. Plastic DIY PM1 on steroids?
I also don't get why the mini XLR connectors are not angled. That is a major design fault IMO.
Looking forward to the first sound impressions even though I know it is not for me due to the weight. I couldn't live with LCD4 either even though I like the sound.
I know what you mean. My LCD-4s are my least-listened-to cans. Well, no, that's not quite right. My Senn HD800s fit that bill, and that's because I never listen to them anymore. I don't dislike them; I just don't love them enough to jack them in and put them on. But my LCD-4s aren't uncomfortable, at least not for listening of less than an hour. They just don't grab me the way some of my others do. I also agree with you on the angled connectors; seems odd, though perhaps in v2 whenever that comes along. I suspect there is a higher price tier version in the future, and it may well have a more luxurious feel and look to it [that's just a guess].

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #25 of 114
I know what you mean. My LCD-4s are my least-listened-to cans. Well, no, that's not quite right. My Senn HD800s fit that bill, and that's because I never listen to them anymore. I don't dislike them; I just don't love them enough to jack them in and put them on. But my LCD-4s aren't uncomfortable, at least not for listening of less than an hour. They just don't grab me the way some of my others do. I also agree with you on the angled connectors; seems odd, though perhaps in v2 whenever that comes along. I suspect there is a higher price tier version in the future, and it may well have a more luxurious feel and look to it [that's just a guess].
To me it just seems the product development is not quite finished yet. They need to shave off 200-250g, use higher quality materials and employ a good designer. IF (!) the sound is really as exceptionally good as they claim, people will be willing to pay a slightly higher price. The new technology is exciting and we haven't heard any sound impressions or comparisons yet, so let's wait and see. I truly respect every new approach and effort in this hobby. Well done for that!

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #26 of 114
To me it just seems the product development is not quite finished yet. They need to shave off 200-250g, use higher quality materials and employ a good designer. IF (!) the sound is really as exceptionally good as they claim, people will be willing to pay a slightly higher price. The new technology is exciting and we haven't heard any sound impressions or comparisons yet, so let's wait and see. I truly respect every new approach and effort in this hobby. Well done for that!
I agree with most of what you say, though we have heard impressions (I’ve been reading them), and I am dubious that 200-250g can be easily shaved. That’s a ⅓ reduction, and that’s a lot. More importantly, I agree that, if the SQ is as good as it might be, then the market will bear a higher price in exchange for improved design.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #27 of 114
From what people are saying about the performance then these aren’t close to being expensive. If they keep up with $4k dollar totl cans at less than half-price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back