HEDD Audio HEDDphone TWO - Now Available for Pre-Order with Special Pre-Order Bonus
Mar 18, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #61 of 63
It seems these headphones are getting a pretty bad rap. No one is really excited about them even though they seem to have very good transparency and detail.

I'm not sure how to evaluate the posts I have read........ and come to any conclusions...

THe thing is I LOVED the Hedd 1- and the 2 is supposedly not that different-- so I'm confused...
My take:
It's not as flashy looking as others (people don't like the design)
It is/was not widely available, even here in Austria it took a while to get hold of it
Reviewers didn't hype it up
Not a household name in the headphone world (yet)
First model was slightly controversial
People on the fence about AMT still, if it ain't broken...
Target group is studio - head-fi, while having some studio traction (see Neumann NDH30), consists mostly of audiophile users
Price

I've already decided that I'll buy them eventually, it's just a matter of putting the funds together, but in the end, if you want a sales pitch, well, they're one of the few headphones I wouldn't mind buying new (and that's despite me hearing it on my Mojo 2 only, I can only imagine what it can do on my desktop rig). Without EQ, I would easily take it over Focal Clear, Arya, HEK, LCD-X '21, basically anything that's below ~2k new unless we're talking about underdogs like Aurorus Audio, Kennerton, JM, etc. (haven't heard the E3).

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #62 of 63
these headphones need a long run-in, 3/400 hours, yes, you read that right, only then can they be evaluated! They need high energy amplifiers, otherwise they are flat, I put mine up for sale only because I'm queuing for an Immamis, I already have the wm1a and in the meantime while I'm waiting I'm trying to raise funds by selling a few things.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #63 of 63
it's still about the heddphone 2 headset, my question is about the headphone cable that comes with it, have some people tried other cables, copper cables,... no silver cables or silver, which would make the restitution more aggressive,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back