HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Mar 4, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3,976 of 4,488
Hi, I am looking for a used one and found a few in my areas, so I am wondering if there have been revisions since the original model in 2020 (if i am correct) ?
Or if I should only care of the condition ? Thanks for your guidance
I believe the only change is a mod to the headband. Nothing sonic.

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #3,978 of 4,488
Hey guys, the plastic socket connecting to the headband broke on one side of my HEDDphone. Should I just contact HEDD about a replacement part, or is there another alternative? For now I have it superglued and reinforced with several layers of the same leather tape I used for the mod. Sounded like the superglue broke last night, but the leather is still holding it together.

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #3,979 of 4,488
Hey guys, the plastic socket connecting to the headband broke on one side of my HEDDphone. Should I just contact HEDD about a replacement part, or is there another alternative? For now I have it superglued and reinforced with several layers of the same leather tape I used for the mod. Sounded like the superglue broke last night, but the leather is still holding it together.
Contact for replacement part. They had supply issue during Covid with low quality headband plastic brackets; that was fixed in 2021-ish and newer HEDD models have sturdier brackets.

Loving my HEDDphone lately; I think it out-resolves everything else I have... LCD-X, Focal Clear, HD800S... last to test is the Koss ESP-95X with an 80s era Stax amp (recently tuned up)
ZMF Headband cover is arriving today which should help with the comfort.
I have been using a wool headband from eBay that is for the Focal series headphones; but it fits just perfect over the HEDDphone.

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #3,980 of 4,488
Contact for replacement part. They had supply issue during Covid with low quality headband plastic brackets; that was fixed in 2021-ish and newer HEDD models have sturdier brackets.

Loving my HEDDphone lately; I think it out-resolves everything else I have... LCD-X, Focal Clear, HD800S... last to test is the Koss ESP-95X with an 80s era Stax amp (recently tuned up)
ZMF Headband cover is arriving today which should help with the comfort.
I have been using a wool headband from eBay that is for the Focal series headphones; but it fits just perfect over the HEDDphone.
I would love to get the ZMF band as well, wearing the HEDDphone for more than 30 min already gets my head hurting ☹️

Can u pls post a link where I can buy this ZMF head rest helper?
Thanks in advance!!

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #3,981 of 4,488
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #3,984 of 4,488
How long do they take to break in?
Around 50 but up to 100 hours honestly. I've noticed some better bass from 100 to 200+ hours but nothing major.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #3,985 of 4,488
I asked Hedd whether the polarity needs to be inverted when attaching Audeze cables due to different pin assignment.
I sent them the pin info for Audeze cables taken from the Audeze website as follows:

"The pin-out for the LCD mini-XLR connectors (those that go into the headphones themselves) on our LCD series cables is as follows:
1 and 4: +
2 and 3: -
Left and right are the same."

Hedd replied as follows:
"Yes in this case you should invert the polarity as our number 3 is positive and number 1 is negative."

Below is the pin assignment diagramme for the Heddphone:
1679721055997.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #3,987 of 4,488
HEDDPhone needs the ZMF crescent snap to make it bearable for long-term session.
Custom earpads from Vesper will arrive later this year fro me - I dislike the vegan leather material, it gets hot and sweaty on warm evenings - something I am sure is not so much an issue in Germany as it is in Australia.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #3,990 of 4,488
What do HEDDphone owners think of the given cable? If an upgrade is recommended, do people have any favorites? I'm thinking of a 4-pin XLR termination, all copper. Thanks for any thoughts. (The HEDDphone is on its way to me).
Stock cable has a resistor in the Y-splitter for whatever reason. It also has inverted phase compared to other mini-xlr cables such as those from Audeze or Meze.

I have used the stock Audeze LCD-X cable with the HEDDPhone; it is not bad but lacks a little bit in technicalities.
I am going to get a nice Ultralinear cable from Custom Cans; it's their thin Litz cables. Nice clean linear sound.
I currently use the Eletech Inferno which is resolving and kicks hard in the sub-bass but is downward tilted. It's a beefy copper cable (and expensive - cost me $400 less than the HEDDphone!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back