HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Sep 3, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #3,886 of 4,478
Not an acronym. An initialism. :wink:
Incorrect — acronym, pronounced lug-ex :)

Listening to mTT2 ==> LG-X ==> Hedd watching Oregon - Georgia. Great tunes, wish the Ducks could play a little defense.

But just want to re-iterate what an excellent pairing this is.

Sep 7, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #3,887 of 4,478
Sorry …

… been posting about it a lot lately and so started using the acronym habitually.

Yes, Monoprice Liquid Gold X. Had been marked down to $499, and there was a 15% off coupon as well. $425 for that amp (or Liquid Platinum which was also on sale) was irresistible.
Where did you find the amp for sale at this price? I'm in the UK and I found a site selling it for a price which was too good to be believed, but Paypal checkout.......we'll see, No doubt it won't arrive. Really want to see what this is like with the Hedd though. Also have an A90D on order now, but the DAC/AMP in one box is always more convenient. We'll see......

Sep 8, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,889 of 4,478
Where did you find the amp for sale at this price? I'm in the UK and I found a site selling it for a price which was too good to be believed, but Paypal checkout.......we'll see, No doubt it won't arrive. Really want to see what this is like with the Hedd though. Also have an A90D on order now, but the DAC/AMP in one box is always more convenient. We'll see......
Direct from Monoprice. They had marked it down to $499, and then there was a 15% off everything coupon on top of that.

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #3,890 of 4,478
Headfi is a place for opinions- so I'm now going to put in my two cents as I have nothing better to do at this time.

I have owned a lot of headphones. SR-007, SR-007. Orpheus, HE-60. LCD-4, LCD-5, 1266 TC, Susvara, ZMF Atrium, Elite, Heddphone, ES-R10, HD-800, TH-900, Maybe a few others.

TC, ES-R10 and Heddphone are IMHO the three best. I am a modern genra listener - so electrostats have a disadvantage for me in spite of their technical superiority. The Heddphone has serious flagship sound. Absolutely stunning. The comfort and build are however the worst I ever had.

When they fix the frame- they will triple their sales...

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #3,891 of 4,478
Headfi is a place for opinions- so I'm now going to put in my two cents as I have nothing better to do at this time.

I have owned a lot of headphones. SR-007, SR-007. Orpheus, HE-60. LCD-4, LCD-5, 1266 TC, Susvara, ZMF Atrium, Elite, Heddphone, ES-R10, HD-800, TH-900, Maybe a few others.

TC, ES-R10 and Heddphone are IMHO the three best. I am a modern genra listener - so electrostats have a disadvantage for me in spite of their technical superiority. The Heddphone has serious flagship sound. Absolutely stunning. The comfort and build are however the worst I ever had.

That's really interesting, especially from an end-user with such a wide experience of top-end headhones.

Couldn't agree more re your last point. I just hope it's backwards compatible and we can all buy a replacement and fit the drivers into it.

Just a bit of feedback on my meagre mod using the ZMF pads - it's a massive improvement so far. I've spent hours, per session, with them - I don't get the discomfort I used to get; which resulted in a hot spot on the top of my head. Don't get me wrong - there's still no mistaking the weight of the Heddphones. I find myself moving them around slightly, every so often, almost without thinking about it......nevertheless, they are so much more comfortable now that their weight is distributed more broadly.

Sep 12, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #3,892 of 4,478
Anyone paired the Hedds with Schit Ragnarok 2 ?

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #3,893 of 4,478
I had Ragnarok 2 (and paired it with HEDDphone) but sold it this month.

Ragnarok 2 has a lot of power for HEDDphone, gain 2 was mostly enough for me.
Sometimes I had to choose gain 3 for some DSD files but it wasn't too often.

Ragnarok 2 is a very good amplifier for its price if you don't mind the many clicks of stepped volume attenuator.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #3,894 of 4,478

Wowww, that’s really cool to hear!
I personally haven’t heard all those other flagships so for you to confirm this is great!

Question, how does the HEDDphone compare to the others with other genres of music?
Rock, jazz, symphonic (strings🎻 ) etc.
(Unless, ofc, u were referring to all genres)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,895 of 4,478
Alright so I went to CanJam, and it's safe to say that the HEDDphone is still one of my favorite headphones out there (Rosson RAD-0, Raal Ca-1a, and Kennerton GH40 are my other favorites). I hope to pick one up pretty soon after I get a more powerful amplifier that can properly drive the phones to their fullest potential, but I need more money first :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #3,896 of 4,478
Alright so I went to CanJam, and it's safe to say that the HEDDphone is still one of my favorite headphones out there ... a more powerful amplifier that can properly drive the phones to their fullest potential, but I still need more money first :beyersmile:
As I’ve mentioned previously, Monoprice Liquid Gold is great w/ Hedds, and @ $425 it was a huge bargain. If you sign up for their email, you’ll get notified about price drops. I got mine for $499 less a ‘15% off everything’ discount.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #3,897 of 4,478
As I’ve mentioned previously, Monoprice Liquid Gold is great w/ Hedds, and @ $425 it was a huge bargain. If you sign up for their email, you’ll get notified about price drops. I got mine for $499 less a ‘15% off everything’ discount.
I was thinking I'd probably get the Hifiman EF400, but I'll definitely look into Monoprice. Thanks for the recommendation~

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,898 of 4,478

I've said this since day one. Stunning and atrocious all the same.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #3,899 of 4,478
Not a bad alternative. EF400 is probably a much better DAC, but also a closed system, so you can't use an external DAC with it. Also, USB input only, so if (like me) you want to feed it S/PDIF coax, you cannot. But also better looking than the Monoprice to my eyes :)

Both will be easily powerful enough to drive your Hedds.

And at the Liquid Gold list price of $999, it's no contest, Hifiman would win hands down.

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #3,900 of 4,478
Not a bad alternative. EF400 is probably a much better DAC, but also a closed system, so you can't use an external DAC with it. Also, USB input only, so if (like me) you want to feed it S/PDIF coax, you cannot. But also better looking than the Monoprice to my eyes :)

Both will be easily powerful enough to drive your Hedds.

And at the Liquid Gold list price of $999, it's no contest, Hifiman would win hands down.
How do you feel about the liquid platinum compared to the liquid gold? Do hybrid tubes pair well with HEDD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back