HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Sep 20, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #3,901 of 4,478
How do you feel about the liquid platinum compared to the liquid gold? Do hybrid tubes pair well with HEDD?
Haven't really gone A/B between LP and LG w/ Hedds. Honestly I had been mostly listening out of TT2 ==> DSHA-3F before I fell into the LG deal.

I'll see if I can get around to that soon :)

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #3,902 of 4,478
Hey again guys, I'm still thinking of getting the HEDDphone, will consider it used. In that case version variations comes into question. Apologies if it's already been asked but what are any differences between HEDDphones made at different times? I think I heard the headband length was increased in about 2020, but any other differences between batches? Feel free to send a link if it's been answered.

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #3,903 of 4,478
Hey again guys, I'm still thinking of getting the HEDDphone, will consider it used. In that case version variations comes into question. Apologies if it's already been asked but what are any differences between HEDDphones made at different times? I think I heard the headband length was increased in about 2020, but any other differences between batches? Feel free to send a link if it's been answered.

There was a period with the second revision where the plastic pieces on the headband were more fragile and prone to breaking. Unfortunately there's no way to tell if you have one with the defect until it breaks, unless you message HEDD Audio support with your serial number.

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #3,905 of 4,478
I don't see the prices for the earpads and it would be nice if they listed them in alphabetical order instead of needing to go to the top to click on brand by brand. I do not see HEDD on there or did I miss it?

Do you have to contact them to ask for the price?

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #3,906 of 4,478
That's really interesting, especially from an end-user with such a wide experience of top-end headhones.

Couldn't agree more re your last point. I just hope it's backwards compatible and we can all buy a replacement and fit the drivers into it.

Just a bit of feedback on my meagre mod using the ZMF pads - it's a massive improvement so far. I've spent hours, per session, with them - I don't get the discomfort I used to get; which resulted in a hot spot on the top of my head. Don't get me wrong - there's still no mistaking the weight of the Heddphones. I find myself moving them around slightly, every so often, almost without thinking about it......nevertheless, they are so much more comfortable now that their weight is distributed more broadly.
Any chance you can post some photos of the modded ZMF pads on your HEDDphone? I need to pull my HEDDphone out and give it a run again. I've been on speakers for the longest time and getting an itch to try out my headphones again.

Funny thing with the HEDDphone. I moved homes back in June. I recall that the earpads on my HEDDphone were deteriorating, although they have not been overused. I got a hold of the shop that I bought them from way back when they first came out in 2020 or so. He still has the replacement longer headband for me. I never had a chance to go to get it replaced. I'll drop by there again some time and finally get this done. Great service from this guy. :)

Oct 30, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #3,907 of 4,478
Any chance you can post some photos of the modded ZMF pads on your HEDDphone? I need to pull my HEDDphone out and give it a run again. I've been on speakers for the longest time and getting an itch to try out my headphones again.
:)
Sure, they're here I've been using the Hedds like that ever since and for me it's a total improvement. No hot spot now on the top of my head, but I still find myself moving them around occasionally - I don't think you can ever avoid the fact that these are heavy pair of headphones. Maybe, if someone were to make a headstrap which broadened right out from above where the drivers connect...

Oct 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #3,908 of 4,478
I don't see the prices for the earpads and it would be nice if they listed them in alphabetical order instead of needing to go to the top to click on brand by brand. I do not see HEDD on there or did I miss it?

Do you have to contact them to ask for the price?

Thanks.
They are very first on thas page…

https://vesperaudio.com/earpads

Also you can use contacts on site

Nov 2, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #3,909 of 4,478
They are very first on thas page…

https://vesperaudio.com/earpads

Also you can use contacts on site
SMH. :sunglasses:. I have no real excuse as to how I missed seeing them. Do they show up as the very first one for everyone? lol
It is only one page for everyone too, right? As in, one page but there is a lot you can scroll down to.

I will write to them but any chance somone already knows know who much Vesper charges for them?

Nov 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #3,910 of 4,478
Sure, they're here I've been using the Hedds like that ever since and for me it's a total improvement. No hot spot now on the top of my head, but I still find myself moving them around occasionally - I don't think you can ever avoid the fact that these are heavy pair of headphones. Maybe, if someone were to make a headstrap which broadened right out from above where the drivers connect...
Thanks for the link. It looks pretty comfy and they will last a long time. How much for each of the two pieces? And any update on the comfort?

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #3,911 of 4,478
Now that the hype has died down and people have owned them for awhile, how are you all liking the HEDD? Are they as difficult to power as they say and are any of you using EQ?

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #3,912 of 4,478
Now that the hype has died down and people have owned them for awhile, how are you all liking the HEDD? Are they as difficult to power as they say and are any of you using EQ?
Hype is down ... and DCA Stealth came out meanwhile with an amazing tonal balance and so comfortable and closed back... but the HEDDphone One is still very impressive for impacts when it's fully powered !!! So worth to use this when we need dynamic music, I think there are really few models able to offer this (I don't know any, but I don't know all) .. it's definitely open back (noisy for other people in the same room) rather huge and heavy but so addictive !!!
Like for the DCA Stealth => the HEDDphone needs 2x3W as an entry ticket to move it properly (though with 2x1W it can make a very high sound pressure level) .. but for full deep ultra fast impacts, it needs a load of instant juice.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #3,913 of 4,478
Hype is down ... and DCA Stealth came out meanwhile with an amazing tonal balance and so comfortable and closed back... but the HEDDphone One is still very impressive for impacts when it's fully powered !!! So worth to use this when we need dynamic music, I think there are really few models able to offer this (I don't know any, but I don't know all) .. it's defiunitely open back (noisy for other people in the same rom) rather huge and heavy but so addictive !!!
Like for the DCA Stealth => the HEDDphone needs 2x3W as an entry ticket to move it properly (though with 2x1W it can make a very high sound pressure level) .. but for full deep ultra fast impacts, it needs a load of instant juice.
It's interesting that you mention the DCA Stealth, I sold mine because I could not come to terms with the lack of impact and there was a bit of roughness in the treble that I couldn't get along with. At the moment I'm enjoying some eq'd Z1Rs. They have nice physicality but I miss the clarity and resolution of fast planars and estats. I'm hoping that an eq'd pair of Heddphones will give me a great tonal balance while maintaining the impact and transparency that I crave. In the end, I do think I prefer estats to planars because of their speed but estats don't have much in the way of visceral impact. I do enjoy it when my ears tingle a bit. Perhaps the AMT is what I have been searching for all along. I live alone so whether a headphone is open backed or closed backed is all the same to me.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #3,914 of 4,478
I'm considering the RME ADI-2 Pro. (The balanced one) Does this amp do it justice?

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #3,915 of 4,478
The Hedd's pairing with a chord TT2 is just ... Amazing!

I keep going back to the Hedds from my other pairs, and it has been a solid performer with no complaint ( apart from that annoying sense of weight at the center of the head but nothing some simple padding cannot fix)

I don't eq my headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back