HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #3,844 of 4,488
I asked HEDD in April regarding possible revision of HEDDphone.

Frederik replied there are no plans for new HEDDphone in near future.

It's a bit pity, because there are some room for improvements !!
Not really in sound quality, but more by replacing some weak plastic parts by some metal like for the headband. That's clearly the most annoying for me in the HEDDphone One.
Basically, this headphone is rather cheap in the market for such high sound quality Level, but build quality is definitely cheap too !!!

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #3,845 of 4,488
Not really in sound quality, but more by replacing some weak plastic parts by some metal like for the headband. That's clearly the most annoying for me in the HEDDphone One.
Basically, this headphone is rather cheap in the market for such high sound quality Level, but build quality is definitely cheap too !!!
I'm really happy with the sound from these Heddphones, but they need to redesign the connecting piece between the drivers. They're just really uncomfortable for a lot of users. It needs to be well padded, broad and shaped to spread the weight across your head. I think they went for something more minimalist as they were too worried about the looks - the drivers are really big, so with a huge headband maybe it all starts to look really clunky.
A new, big wide headband, would still look better than the after-market velcro pad which I've bought from Amazon!

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #3,846 of 4,488
I'm really happy with the sound from these Heddphones, but they need to redesign the connecting piece between the drivers. They're just really uncomfortable for a lot of users. It needs to be well padded, broad and shaped to spread the weight across your head. I think they went for something more minimalist as they were too worried about the looks - the drivers are really big, so with a huge headband maybe it all starts to look really clunky.
A new, big wide headband, would still look better than the after-market velcro pad which I've bought from Amazon!
Which one did you order ( Velcro pad ) I am looking for one that fits the band of the Hedds

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #3,847 of 4,488
Try the eBay one. It's clunky but it does wonders.

Aug 8, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #3,850 of 4,488
eBay link

It was a little wonky to get installed but it works pretty well. It's not gonna make it suddenly as comfy as like a susvara or a zmf, but it's a sizable improvement.
Ah yes, thanks for the link. I actually have that and used it for a few months, I might have another go with it in a bit.....in my experience with it, you need to extend the sliders on the side of the Heddphone to their max so that the Hedd's headband doesn't actually touch your head at all and then use the leather strap. For my head, I found the strap was an improvement, but still didn't spread the weight adequately, so after a few hours it still became uncomfortable to wear the Heddphone.

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #3,851 of 4,488
I don’t think it’s “cheap”…it has held up and is functional…SQ is what it’s all about…with the aftermarket silver cable, I’m done ☑️ with TOTL phones…happy here.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #3,852 of 4,488
Ah yes, thanks for the link. I actually have that and used it for a few months, I might have another go with it in a bit.....in my experience with it, you need to extend the sliders on the side of the Heddphone to their max so that the Hedd's headband doesn't actually touch your head at all and then use the leather strap. For my head, I found the strap was an improvement, but still didn't spread the weight adequately, so after a few hours it still became uncomfortable to wear the Heddphone.
Ah yeah you're right. Only ever tried it with the hedd at its max since I got a big noggin. Honestly, the heddphone barely fits as is, I wish it had a bit more adjustment.
Besides this only other thing I can think of might be some ghetto mod with one of the ZMF pads.

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #3,853 of 4,488
I don’t think it’s “cheap”…it has held up and is functional…SQ is what it’s all about…with the aftermarket silver cable, I’m done ☑️ with TOTL phones…happy here.
These are definitely totl headphones for me!
Soo damn good, no words can describe

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #3,854 of 4,488

I am like many here, the plastic parts already got broken twice on my HEDDphone (they fixed it once under warranty after sending it back to Germany, and I glued it the second time in less than 5 months).. It could be made of some light metal instead this weak plastic part..
It's also not easy to keep the headband at the correct position (I have to re-position it almost every time I put the Headphone on my head).

I don't have such annoying issues with the DCA Stealth, Sony Z7M2, ....

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #3,855 of 4,488
I asked HEDD in April regarding possible revision of HEDDphone.

Frederik replied there are no plans for new HEDDphone in near future.

Most companies aren't willing to talk about products before they're ready to announce them. Yes, that includes blatantly telling un-truths about the existence of new products.

No company wants to create an Osborne Effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back