HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #2,492 of 4,489
I understand now.

However, look at the physical waveform fronts as exhibited by differing excursions / transducer motions. I believe that timbre is a byproduct of transient response and frequency response and that timbre can be affected by the type of driver.

The way the wave 'hits' your ears is different from a flat transducer vs a concave one. transient response is the same across the entire bandpass for a planar driver, whereas it differs slightly throughout the bandpass for a concave/convex surface (ie, dynamic driver).

This is a belief, a faith position if you will. We all have them. If a cable can change the sound, why can't driver type? I believe both can.

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #2,493 of 4,489
SMH

Your hypothesis is incorrect and you need a better setup: cable and amp to maximize their potential.
My setup is the topping D70 and the thx AAA 789 running balanced.
I think that should be more than fine to bring out it’s potential.
They’re a very revealing/transparent setup. They don’t color the sound in the slightest.
Everything else in the music sounds perfect. Percussions, trumpets, saxophone etc. Including bass. There’s sufficient bass when needed and it goes deep so I think the setup is fine.
honestly what I think is that it’s a bit too dark (just a bit) and if it wasn’t, the sweetness of the violin would show.
Or maybe you haven’t heard what a good violin sound could sound like from a headphone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #2,494 of 4,489
My setup is the topping D70 and the thx AAA 789 running balanced.
I think that should be more than fine to bring out it’s potential.
They’re a very revealing/transparent setup. They don’t color the sound in the slightest.
Everything else in the music sounds perfect. Percussions, trumpets, saxophone etc. Including bass. There’s sufficient bass when needed and it goes deep so I think the setup is fine.
honestly what I think is that it’s a bit too dark (just a bit) and if it wasn’t, the sweetness of the violin would show.
Or maybe you haven’t heard what a good violin sound could sound like from a headphone 🤷🏻‍♂️

789 isn’t the best...and what cabling are you using?...also what source?

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #2,495 of 4,489
789 isn’t the best...and what cabling are you using?...also what source?
It’s obviously not the best but very good and honest (which is the main point here)
Cable, I’m not sure exactly but it’s supposed to be excellent (acc to the reviews) and source is iPhone SE Apple Music which runs ALAC if I’m not mistaken I.e. very good quality.

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #2,497 of 4,489
These phones are so transparent you get what you pair them with. I would say that’s why you’re getting those results.
[/QUOTE/]
Honestly, I very much see what you’re saying. On certain tracks, violin sounds really nice!!
I guess it all depends on the quality of the recording.
Although, in general I feel like it should be a bit brighter. But idk, maybe with time I’ll adjust..

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #2,498 of 4,489
Because it does not “do” one instrument or sound better than another...it is a speaker and reproduces sound pretty much perfectly with the right setup

I disagree. Some headphones (and speakers) emphasize different frequencies and make some instruments stand out more than others.

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #2,500 of 4,489
Yes. Like Grado does Jazz

IMO these don’t “do” anything but give you what you put in...and everything is in proportion
Unfortunately due to financial difficulties I have to sell my FLUX FA-12 and HEDDphone. I've ordered FLUX FA-12 on May 24th and received it on July 7th. Total cost, with shipping and PayPal fees, $890. Selling for what I've paid for.
I've bought HEDDphone from headphones.com as a open box for $1500 two months ago. They are still as new condition. Selling for $1400. Buyer pays actual shipping.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #2,501 of 4,489
Hello all, I finally decided to sell my FLUX FA-12 and HEDDphone. FA-12 is two days old. I've placed an order on May 24th and received it on Monday, July 7th. Cost me, with shipping and PayPal fees, $890. Selling for $950. The only reason I'm selling amp and headphones are financial difficulties.
I've bought HEDDphone from headphones.com as a open box for $1500 two months ago. They are still as new condition. Selling for $1500. Buyer pays actual shipping.
Sorry to hear!
Hopefully things get better financially.

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #2,502 of 4,489
These phones are so transparent you get what you pair them with. I would say that’s why you’re getting those results.

So I just got a darkvoice 336se and interestingly, violins and chelos sound so much nicer!!!
More lush and melodic. More body and taste!!
Truth is all instruments now but it’s more recognizable with wooden instruments.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2,504 of 4,489
Keep tweaking and try different sources

get TIDAL for the trial and stream their MASTER tracks for $1 a month now for 4 months. Worth it.
I tried tidal before and it wasn’t worth it for me bc I have apple and apple only uses there equalizer with Apple Music So it didn’t sound like anything special. Ya, it’s very stupid.
The only good music stream for iPhone is Apple Music.

Btw, the thx 789 balanced gives it more power. I can definitely hear the difference. But with the DV, it sounds more melodic.
So I guess I need a very powerful tube amp to sound really good!!
wtvr... maybe one day

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #2,505 of 4,489
Long time not posting anything. My boy’s over at The Source loaned me the Hedd with the newer extended headband and it’s still not big enough to completely cover the bottom part of my ears. Even laying down it starts to hurt a little. Bummer, otherwise they sound sweet. 6E1B128B-2596-4787-85BB-2D2073209D81.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back