HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
May 23, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #2,223 of 4,472
I agree with you in comparison of HEDD to Empyreans. I sold my Empyreans about a year ago because they were not satisfying me with the sound. They had two different removable ear pads, but still were lacking. HEDD are better (so are ZMF Verite).

May 23, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #2,224 of 4,472
Oh wow, so after the kinda luke warm first impressions, some actual burn-in and getting used to the signature, these things are fantastic! I'm sure there is a huge amount of brain burn-in, but the wide sound stage, micro details, and super fast transients are starting to become much more apparent and awesome! :dt880smile:

May 23, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #2,225 of 4,472
Yes, good recordings with adeqaute dynamic range are so incredibly lively and detailed with them. I'm still regularly blown away by what i'm hearing and at this point 'new toy syndrome' almost certainly shouldn't be a thing any more.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,226 of 4,472

Just listening to this (Jamila Woods - Giovanni) and the bass is so well proportioned, controled and textured. Not a 'basshead headphone' in that it provides disproportionate amounts of bass but what is there is so good...

May 24, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #2,227 of 4,472
The new toy syndrome hasn’t happened to me and I’ve had them since January. Also like report that I made the bass better with my recent tube upgrade for my WA33.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #2,228 of 4,472

Just listening to this (Jamila Woods - Giovanni) and the bass is so well proportioned, controled and textured. Not a 'basshead headphone' in that it provides disproportionate amounts of bass but what is there is so good...

Definitely one of the most balanced and bang-on to neutral headphones I've experienced. Very satisfying bass when the recording calls for it, but incredibly fast and detailed too! Have your cake and eat it too!

May 25, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #2,229 of 4,472
May 25, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #2,230 of 4,472
@youkeum
Dividing the audio signal?

Yes, the burn-in is real with those. Every headphone I tried so far, dynamic, planar or amt had noticeably changes after some burn-in.
This is no phenomenon of bias, brain-trickery or the brain adjusts to the sound etc.
I focused very much to net get tricked by the psychoacoustics either.
With my pair some of the sound characteristics basically changed very noticeably already after 30 minutes.
Now after 2 hours even more. It sounds like a different headphone already.

Personally I have no problemo with the weight, but a little bit with the pressure on top of my head.
I found a simple solution to it: Just changing the position of the headband every 30 minutes.
First putting it more at the end of my head, then in the middle, then more in the front. :ksc75smile:
There is a super easy solution to the pressure problem that you have. I posted a photo of a headband pad that I picked up a while ago to use with the Abyss. It just sits under the pads without using the adhesive so that I can use it interchangeably with almost all of my headphones even though most of them don't need it. But I find that it makes every headphone more comfortable, so why not? I think it is originally designed for one of the Koss or Sennheiser headphones that have a double bar on the headband.

May 25, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2,231 of 4,472
Since I have been working from home for the last month and will continue to for the coming month, I have headphones, mainly the HEDDphone on my head for about 10 to 12 hours of the day.

I bought this on a whim from a local shop a couple of months ago to use with my Abyss. So I've been using it with my Hp and it helps with any headphone when I wear them. The main thing is dispersing the pressure points.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...adset-cushion-pad-repair-parts-black/14304340

I hope this helps.
Here is the post and a link to the same headband I use.

May 26, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2,232 of 4,472
Thanks Rayzilla :thumbsup:
So putting this headband under the normal headband?
I think they cushioning of the headband is very fine, but it would be better distributing the weight if it were a bit wider, for more contact surface. This headband does exactly that?

General: Tonal differences between ccc-silver and occ-copper with the heddphone?

And about the sound: This sound stage and stereo imaging is so damn impressive. Because it is very realistic to how things sound in real life.
Not just pushing out width, "fake"-depth and height to the listener, to let it sound more flashy, airy and overwhelming, but they made a very expansive sound while keeping the realistic, natural sound, paired with not only very good only imaging, but also much focus (A strong, precise sense of image projection).
If anyone wondered how a HD 800S, with a more naturally, realistic sound signature and even tonality, with faster and more realistic transients sounds like, or a stax SR-009S with a somewhat more expansive sound stage - that is what the heddphone does.
At that point it becomes clear that the heddphone is not only marketed to music lovers and audiophiles :sweat_smile: but also to professionals who need a headphone for mix & mastering for a couple of hours every day.
Was expected from the guys at hedd, who build professional monitoring speakers for years^^

May 26, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #2,233 of 4,472
I have noticed from HEDD’s Facebook page that they seem to be marketing these headphones more towards studio professionals than audiophiles. I guess they believe these are a good alternatives/compliments to their studio monitors for professionals needing a quality headphone?

May 26, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #2,234 of 4,472
The Headphones are audiophile grade, that's for sure.
With the UPOCC cable upgrade, they sound genuinely top tier, getting most of my head time.
The affordable price is just more icing on "your cake and eat it too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back