HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Feb 24, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #1,203 of 4,472
Should have them tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 7.31.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 7.34.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,207 of 4,472
Just psyched myself up to listening to Heddphone again after a week rest and having pre tuned myself in by walking to the local off licence and buying a 12 pack of beeer [ even declining the kind offer of the passing cloud by the local teenagers so as to taint my standard istening experience ]
These are my thought on short listening
So after 4 cans of beer and changing back to stock cable instead of audeze balanced cable and adding a chord qutest to my cyrus cd transport to feed my amp.
My initial listening tonight with my sennheiser amp and dac combo again left me cold and wanting and I noted what I thought was a very very slight echo or very slight timing error in the vocals hence I changed cable to the one provided prior to adding chord dac
what I notised was that the echo issue got slightly bettter and the vocals were not as forward.
Adding the qutest things got balanced further , but still did not seem right or not what I was looking for [ I dd not dare to put my serious/ favourite/ benchmark listening cds on
So after listening to adele 25 first track I knew there was a lot more to come from my system I hooked up my amp 2 and ergo amt and was so happy brilliant vocals massive soundstage beautifully balanced presentation totally engaging and ready to bring out roger walters pros and cons of hitchhicking with the lights off happy with the tougth all I need maybe is a schiiit loki.

Hang on Just hooked up Heddphone to Amt 2 Amp via balanced cable big big differenced , wow can hear more detail and things Ive not heard before , alot lot better and this is with the lights on and no more beer sound stange vastly improved.

WOW the Amp makes night and day difference heddphone sounds like what I wanted and expected very balanced neutral big big soundstage very nice natural vocals great instrument seperation , articulate no issues with echo.
I may not need a schiit loki afterall. but to early to tell overall listening experience 20 min at most

Heddphone very articulate where ergo amt a bid muddy in complex passages though I still think ergo are a bit wider and more impactful obviously with thwe expenxe of base

I still think the heddphone as more to give with abetter amp synergy lacking abit of brilliance or realism with my amp on live recording

Still overall ergo amt are more engaging and exciting headphone as they emphersise vocals , trebles soundstage and realism better

Ok off for a reset, bit of tresh air and a doobie before the tyson fight Gog Bless
Can't wait for an update after 12 cans...

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,210 of 4,472
Was yours shipped via UPS Next Day like they did with the first batch? They shipped mine Fedex Ground so ETA is Friday to travel only 2.5 hours from Blaine...
Did you check for the second emailed tracking from netParcel?

EDIT: Second thought, they're likely using costs saving measures on you.

I was shipped FedEx Express - Priority Overnight.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #1,215 of 4,472
Mine is #38 so hopefully I will get mine next shipment. Been thinking about how different it will sound on my collection of amps.
Although my head has never had issues with any headphone fit, I still darkly chuckle at us all so greatly anticipating our new toys only to find out they're not quite usable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back